Sales career tips in the Covid - 19 Era
At SalesJobs.ie, we are learning as we go, too. Here are some sales career tips that you might consider over coming weeks.
- If you still have a sales job and your employer asks you to take a pay cut, take it. Better to have a job that will also show your manager / employer you are flexible to help out in these difficult times. Better to keep busy even if sales are dead. Offer to do any odd jobs that will help your employer - Tidy up old sales prospect lists, do some deliveries, train junior sales, clean up the office, etc.
- To cover yourself in case things get worse (or you have already lost your job) , we suggest start targeting other sales roles within industries such as Food, Medical/Pharma, IT, Healthcare, Logistics, basically essential services. (Click here to setup job alerts)
- If you have been unlucky to have lost your sales job, be ready to move fast once things pick up. Use this time to sell the best product of all - YOU. Try and make contact with all past work colleagues, managers, suppliers or even clients and let them know if they hear of any sales roles, you are available & keep in touch every 2 weeks - even just text/email is fine. It's not a sign of your sales ability if you have lost your job, it's affected everyone so stay active on the job search. No Netflix till after 6!!
- Use this time to make contact with 5-10 Sales recruiters you might have had contact with in the past - again it's just to stay on their radar every few weeks for when things pick up and you are foremost in their mind for new roles. Click here for job hunting tips.
- Get up to speed on all social media channels. Use this time to get up to speed on twitter, facebook, Linkedin, Great way to get the message out that A) your on the market or B) your still working in X doing Y.
Remember - Try and stay positive - for those around you also.
Stay safe and wash those hands!!
Niall Kelly - Director.