My client, an international company that has been helping pharmaceutical laboratories, clinical trial operators, logistics companies and “last mile specialists” to manage and control cold chain risks for nearly 30 years, wishes to recruit a Business Development Manager for Ireland.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for obtaining new business development opportunities, maintaining and growing existing business, while further helping to establish and promote the company’s mission, vision and culture. The Business Development Manager will build business relationships, drive revenues and attend to client requests and proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Plan, develop, organize, and help direct the Company’s business development operations and performance;
· Establish and maintain business contacts and relationships within designated client companies;
· Build a network of new potential clients to drive new business opportunities and grow pipeline of business;
· Uncover new sources of revenue and promote company deliverables with existing clients;
· Manage the sales process from initial contact to RFI/RFP completion to implementation and transition plans;
· Manage client relationships to ensure that all needs are satisfactorily met and that fully outsourced, long lasting engagements are created with sponsor companies;
· Collaborate with clients to obtain project or program specifications and timelines and communicate awards, new business, timelines and other requirements to other departments/internal counterparts, as necessary;
· Attend trade shows and other marketing events to promote the company;
· Manage CRM system (Dynamics) with all contacts and reports on daily basis
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferred. Masters a plus.
· A minimum of 3-5 years professional experience, with a proven track record, working in a business development role;
· 3+ years professional experience in Cold Chain Pharma Logistics, air freight forwarder for Pharma products, a pharmaceutical/biotech, CRO or related industry required;
· Extensive contacts within the pharma/biotech industry
Knowledge and Skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
· Strong relationship management skills with ability to partner with external and internal clients;
· Superior business development operations practical knowledge;
· Ability to work both strategically and tactically, and independently;
· Strong leadership skills with a professional presence and demeanor to champion the organization;
· Ability to travel up to 70% of the time, as required.