Our client is a flourishing company, globally respected for delivering well-engineered, reliable materials handling solutions that continue to anticipate dramatically changing industrial needs. They supply everything from single machines to fully integrated handling solutions and they manufacture in both stainless steel and mild steel, producing durable equipment for every material and eliminating the risk of contamination, where necessary.
They are currently recruiting for an Area Sales Manager with responsibility for Ireland
Area Sales Manager - Ireland
Sales and Marketing Manager
Management of all sales activities in Ireland, achieving the sales, profit and growth targets. Development and creation of a regional plan that expands the company’s customer base and develop its market presence. Liaising with customers to ensure all technical information is provided to the company.
1. The ideal candidate should possess 3-5 years’ experience in sales or account management
2. Engineering knowledge is desirable.
3. Will have the ability to build strong Customer relationships
4. Must be able to communicate effectively, with colleagues and team members, and aim to build advocates within the business.
5. Should be able to positively work under pressure and to tight deadlines
6. Should have good negotiation and closing skills
7. Will have evidence of sales planning
8. Should demonstrate experience of delivering profitable sales growth
9. Will be a competent IT user.
10. Will enjoy a challenge.
11. Will remain focused, with attention to detail and accuracy
12. Create regional sales plans and quotas in alignment with business objectives
13. Report on regional sales results
14. Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual profits
15. Prepare and review the annual budget for the area of responsibility
16. Analyse regional market trends and discover new opportunities for growth
17. Address potential problems and suggest prompt solutions
18. Suggest new services/products and innovative sales techniques to increase customer satisfaction
Appraise staff and be appraised in accordance with the Company Appraisal system.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
Ensure you and your staff are aware of Company Health and Safety Policy. Maintain and promote a clean and safe working environment.
Maintain company records in a safe and redeemable fashion to prevent loss or deterioration. Ensure that all procedures and systems are maintained in line with BS EN ISO 9001: 2000 and Investors in People requirements.
Be a Lean Manufacturing champion. Embrace, promote and encourage Lean activities throughout the company as tools to continuously develop and improve company manufacturing and operating efficiency.
This Job Description is not an exhaustive list. Employees are expected to take a responsible attitude towards duties which are not specifically listed but which should, in the Company’s best interests, be performed by themselves, particularly when circumstances change for any reason.