Main Purpose of Job:
To increase our corporate and foundation partnerships and account manage existing partners.
This is a key role to the fundraising department and the ideal candidate will have excellent sales, client, written and communication skills to help us secure new partnerships and grant funding.
· Take ownership of existing corporate partnerships and help to drive the relationship to deliver on objectives and maximise income.
· Actively research and identify new corporate partnerships and sponsorship opportunities and develop proposals / pitches as appropriate.
· Actively research Trusts and Foundations with criteria fitting the IHF, completing applications for funding and submitting in a timely fashion.
· Accurate and timely reporting to supporting trusts and foundations as required.
· To maintain and develop a working calendar that ensures all income opportunities that fit the IHF criteria for approaching charitable trusts, foundations and statutory funds in Ireland & Europe are maximised.
· Work within set targets and budgets
· Manage “text” fundraising
· Work across departments to maximise effectiveness of campaigns
· Other duties as might reasonably be required by the IHF
Personal Experience, Skills & Qualities
· 2+ years relevant experience in sales and/or fundraising in a corporate or not-for-profit environment.
· Educated to 3rd level qualification with a proven track record of sales or fundraising and working to targets.
· Experience in writing and presenting proposals and applications with a strong attention to detail in all aspects of work.
· Experience of CSR and/or company sponsorship, philanthropy and trusts applications would be advantageous.
· Good communication and networking skills with ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with corporate partners, funders and sponsors.
· Strong presentation skills and ability to represent IHF professionally in external meetings and events.
· Excellent organisation, time management and administration skills.
· Creative, enthusiastic with a proactive approach to all areas of work.
· Ability to work well as part of a busy fundraising team and to work of own initiative when required.
· Excellent computer skills working experience of Microsoft Office and ideally working knowledge of CRM packages (we use Raisers Edge).
· An understanding of the work of The Irish Hospice Foundation.
This is a full time role and will be based at the Irish Hospice Foundation’s offices on Nassau Street, Dublin 2. Salary details available on application.
Please ensure you have 2 valid references from previous employers or referees (one to be from last employer).
Please forward your CV with a detailed covering letter, explaining how you feel you fit the role by email to: email@example.com or by post to:
The Irish Hospice Foundation
32 Nassau Street
Please mark your application “Confidential, Fundraising Executive”
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 8th March