GLS Ireland is a subsidiary of General Logistics Systems B.V. GLS realises reliable, high quality parcel services for over 220,000 customers in Europe, complemented by logistics and express services.
Quality Leader in European Parcel Logistics is GLS’ guiding principle, sustainability being one of the core values. Through wholly owned and partner companies, the Group provides network coverage of 37 European States and is globally connected via contractual agreements. 39 central transhipment points and 662 depots are at GLS’s disposal.
With its ground based network GLS is one of the leading parcel service providers in Europe.
Do you want to join a global market leading company?
We are currently looking for a Field sales representative to join our Sales team in Dublin.
To increase GLS Ireland’s market share by meeting and exceeding agreed objectives in terms of acquiring new business and customer retention.
Main duties and responsibilities
• To raise the awareness and profile of GLS Ireland in the market place by promoting GLS as the leader in European parcel delivery services.
• To identify potential customers by cold calling, networking, referrals etc., and actively pursue same to result in successful acquisitions.
• Consistently achieve monthly and quarterly targets by developing an adequate pipeline in line with sales conversion ratios.
• Account management and maintaining customer relationships whilst seeking to increase their turnover and satisfaction with GLS Ireland.
• Maintain and update CRM systems in terms of scheduled visits, time planning and visit reports.
• Capture additional customer information to allow for marketing and targeting of specific relevant customers.
• Preparation and presentation of commercial tenders and quotations.
• Preparation and presentation of personal and company progress reports during weekly and monthly meetings.
Skills and Experience
• A minimum of 3 years field sales experience
• Previous experience in Parcel/Distribution Industry
• 3rd level degree in commercial or marketing
• Proven Sales track record
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Account Management Skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent communication & negotiation skills
• Competitive Salary
• Commission scheme
• Health Insurance
• Wellbeing programme