My client is a leading Drinks provider with over 50 years trading experience. This company has innovation at the forefront of their business and they consistently provide products of high quality. They are seeking an experienced Key Account Manager to join their business.
This role will report to the Commercial Director. The purpose of this role is to open, develop and manage our clients Key Accounts and Groups primarily for Wine but with other key categories also.
* As part of the Sales Team, you will play an active role in the implementation of the Wine strategy and core business objectives.
* Manage the relationship with existing clients to maximise business opportunities and achieve budgeted targets on new business. (volume, revenue and margin)
* Manage Key Account budgets to ensure costs remain in line with forecasts.
* Monitor and analyse Sales and Market information and data to identify viable and commercial opportunities for current and new account development.
* Develop SMART objectives to ensure the focus is maintained on Key Accounts & Key Market sectors maximising return on investment and in line with our clients business strategy.
* Formulation of Channel Strategies and identify and research new areas of profitability and incremental new business opportunities.
* Plan strategic promotional campaigns with key clients to increase the sale of key brands and market penetration.
* Work closely with Marketing to ensure cohesive execution of account strategies.
* Work with the Sales Team to develop a strategic approach to managing customers and developing individual Key accounts.
Key Performance Indicators
* Satisfaction of Commercial Director in terms of:
* Achievement of business volumes, margin and revenue.
* Business and channel development.
* New accounts/groups.
* Account retention.
* Head office negotiation.
* Support and communication with Sales & Marketing teams.
* Customer feedback.
* Team player.
* Effective use of resources.
Skills & Experience
* A proven track record in Account Management, Head Office negotiation and business development.
* An In-Depth understanding of:
* The alcohol beverages, (particularly Wine) market and competition.
* Sales channels and strategies.
* Best practice account / Key account management tools and techniques.
* Sales processes and procedures.
* Strong skills in:
* Business relationship building.
* Financial analysis, budgeting and problem solving.
* Communication, including presentation delivery.
* Team working/Networking.
* Strong business acumen with drive to deliver
Should this position be of interest to you, you can contact Marian O’ Dwyer from Abrivia Recruitment at email@example.com or call Marian on 01 531 3726. All applications are treated confidentially.