My Client is the top Global FMCG organisation in the marketplace and due to continued growth, are looking for a driven; assured Sales Analyst to join their team. You will read job lot of job specs stating “leading “ company “ or great company to work for” but my client is truly the best one out there! This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Sales Analyst or indeed Category Executive to work in an organisation which encourages collaboration ; offers career progression and the successful candidate will obtain invaluable exposure in this role.
This role will report to a fair; supportive National Account Manager who has been with the company for over 10 years and has been promoted himself 3 times during that period. For the role, you will analyst data from Excel and work both externally with the leading Retailers and internally, advice and guide the Field Sales Team whilst working in tandem with the Marketing team.
For this role, you must have at least 1 year’s FMCG experience and it is imperative that you have strong Excel skills and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Also, it is key that you have strong commercial acumen; numerical and P&L understanding. Attention to detail as well as the ability to prioritize work/projects is also important. You will also get to work closely with Senior Management and will be expected to present externally o Key Retailers and internally to the Field Sales team.
Aside from the company and it’s global brands and the open and collaborative culture; an attractive Remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate . As mentioned, you will work with a fair Manager; get to learn from him as well as an established team.
Strategic Development; Business Planning
* Has responsibility for assisting in the development of a joint business plan with customers that includes all investment and activity.
* Able to identify the right tools to maximize profitable sales with customers. Assists in the business planning process from creation to completion for their categories resulting in sign-off by both businesses.
* Has accountability for the implementation of this plan within their categories.
Business Acumen; Financial Understanding
* Understands the customer P&L in-order to make decisions. Has ownership of the customer spend and accountability within their categories for promotional activity and evaluation.
Innovation; Successful Product Launch
* Delivers customer specific presentations to land best in class new product launches against agreed success measures. Demonstrates creativity in their approach with their account and supports inputs to the local planning framework.
* Ties the customer and category plans together to create win-win customer category plans for both the customer and the Company. Assists in the strategic planning process to arrive at a joint agreement with the customer.
Managing Customers; Customer Selling Skills
* Sells internally and externally and can differentiate when to progress from selling into negotiation. Follows the company selling process including a realistic proposal answering customer needs and a sound commercial argument.
Forecasting and Planning
* Works with the demand planning team to accurately forecast ahead, identify potential stock shortages and provide solutions to mitigate against.
* Previous experience of managing their own category/account or analysis experience.
* Strong Commercial acumen as well as FMCG Experience.
* Demonstrable examples of their ability to influence their own businesses to achieve a joint business plan with a customer
* Experience of working within big accounts, looking for ownership of spend and
* Must have good financial awareness and fully understand the P&L and the implications of this.
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
* Strong negotiation and selling skills.
Should this position be of interest to you, you can contact Denis Mac Sweeney- Head of Sales and Marketing in Abrivia Recruitment at email@example.com or call Denis on 01 531 3729. All Applications are treated confidentially.