Business Development Manager - New Spirits Brand
We are currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to launch a new potato based Vodka and Gin Brand to the market place.
Slaney Farms in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford is an established brand name for horticulture products with an incredible reputation as a supplier of high quality potatoes, vegetables and fresh fruit selling to retail multiples such as Tesco, Supervalu and convenience stores around the country.
We are ready and excited to launch a premium Irish Spirits product and we are now looking for a talented and driven Business Development Manager to represent our new brand and deliver business. The scope is phenomenal for this senior role as you will be looking after our new spirits portfolio, you will drive sales, represent and develop a new Spirits brand.
The role of the Business Development Manager is to develop and deliver new business through direct and targeted sales calls and relationship building.
You need to be a people person, very confident and outgoing with incredible energy. You will identify client requirements through building relationships and understanding their business issues and linking this to our new products and presenting solutions to meet their business needs.
With the commercial responsibility for delivering agreed targets you will need excellent negotiation, account management and sales closing skills.
You will prospect and open new accounts, develop and record a strong pipeline of quality leads and manage the full sales cycle from initial client contact through to sale management of the delivery.
Record and maintain all sales records, account plans and forecasts.
Organise and participate in evening and weekend promotions, events, trade shows while also creating innovative ideas to grow the brand.
Develop and implement a sales and marketing plan and report on all KPI’s for this new drinks range to maximise all sales opportunities.
You will assist in the development, launch and roll-out of the new brand with strong key account management and delivery of trade sales and accounts.
A typical week will be 2 days in the office creating leads/marketing admin and 3 days of sales meetings. You will a have targeted number of sales calls and revenue per month linked to your performance bonus.
You will support the Managing Director and team in the opening and promoting of the new Craft Distilling Visitor Centre in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford.
You must have the digital skills required to utilise all the tools available to generate leads, secure quality appointments and promote the brand access all digital platforms.
Assist in the development of a new website, create exciting and engaging content about the new brand on social media and digital platforms. Monitor competitor and distributor activity both in domestic and global markets.
Clear and regular communication with the Managing Director in relation to the performance and opportunities in key Irish Spirit markets.
Manage new Brand Finance & Marketing KPI’s and coordinate with outside agencies as necessary.
Monitor competitor activities and identify marketing opportunities for new product development and line extensions.
Similar senior sales position in the Drinks Industry and excellent relationships with sales prospects is an advantage.
- Third Level or equivalent qualification in Business/Sales/Marketing.
- 3+ consecutive years experience in direct selling role in FMCG area with a proven track record of achievement in the drinks area would be advantageous.
- Strong client facing sales skills in terms of new accounts/brand, negotiating and closing new business opportunities.
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills with a strong focus on quality customer service.
- Passion to succeed against set business targets.
- The ability to actively seek out new opportunities for developing business and work at a senior level with the Company’s Owners/Management and Wholesalers.
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Branding and key account management skills ideally in food and drink sector is preferable.
- Keen intelligence, reasoning powers, imagination and judgement with an aptitude for analytical thought and good budgetary and commercial management.
- A proven record of willingness to take the initiative and adopt a proactive approach.
- Extremely self motivated to work well on your own initiative and the ability to multi task.
- Passion to travel and participate in weekend and after-hours brand events.
- Strong computer and digital marketing skills are a required.
- Full clean drivers license.
Ultimately you must have a love of quality premium drinks and be completely passionate about the drinks industry, showing knowledge and enthusiasm for Irish brands, having kept up to date with new launches, trade shows and events as this is not a brand ambassador position. You must meet KPI's and sales targets and really be motivated, commercial and driven to succeed.
Perks Of The Job:
- Annual Sales Performance Bonus.
- Expensed Company Smartphone
- Most importantly an opportunity to promote a new Wexford brand and exceptional product to the market place.
Therefore, if you are passionate about spirits and are excited to develop a new Irish Spirits brand we would love to hear from you.
Please note that candidates without the minimum requirements cannot be considered.
For more information about the role, please contact Jean O Connell on 053 9376931