Job Title: National Account Manager
Our client is one of Ireland’s best known FMCG brands. They are now seeking an experienced FMCG National Account Manager with excellent relationships with the main Irish multiples to grow and develop their major national accounts. Experience with fresh or horticultural products is a distinct advantage.
The role encompasses selling, negotiation, business management, relationship management, portfolio management, category management, supply chain & customer service monitoring, debtor management and indirect people management.
To liaise regularly with the retail commercial team to understand & react to weekly changes in availability, quality & pricing of our fresh product.
To provide dynamic and creative input into the development and execution of the retail Strategy in all accounts
Preparation of annual account profiles and customer engagement plans along with the preparation of account plans (matching category objectives) for implementation and monthly monitoring
Delivering commercial business objectives through increased range, distribution and promotion of categories in order to deliver profitable volume growth
Managing and developing great customer relationships & networks, built on integrity, trust and respect, networking across all functions
Communicating and implementing plans and managing day to day issues as they arise
Negotiating and implementing Long Term Agreements (LTA’s) with Key Accounts in conjunction with the Business Unit Director
Reviewing commercial trading and brand performance with customers on a regular basis, taking action as agreed, and documenting all outcomes and actions
Managing all resources available (discounts, promotions, marketing investments) in an efficient and cost-effective manner, within budgets allocated
Coordinating the Credit Control process between direct customers and Finance to help achieve all Credit Control targets
Working with Operations, Technical & Commercial teams to lead and develop our service levels within the assigned customer base
Responsible for all categories with customers ensuring:
- Agreement on trading terms
- Development and implementation of Joint Business Plans
- Improvement of account business shape to agreed targets.
- Acquisition of new business
Responsible for growing the brand in your assigned key accounts with the following responsibilities:
- To be responsible to drive brand distribution & sales
- To be responsible for all in-store activities
- Drive up the distribution & space allocation for the brand in keeping with our sales & share performance.
- Regular performance reviews & resulting actions
As a top performer, to constantly achieve agreed goals, deliver category leadership in the channel, whilst continually focusing on bottom-line improvement
To accurately forecast and plan to agreed targets, volume for the channel in conjunction with the category procurement managers
Prepare a monthly report, on sales to date, current activity and forward actions
Attendance at regular internal meetings to monitor & drive our performance
Ad-hoc projects and strategic initiatives as required
A relevant business/marketing third level degree
Possess a full, clean driving license
Solid demonstration of computer skills, Microsoft office, sales data base etc.
At least 3-4 years previous national account manager experience, ideally within FMCG & preferably in fresh produce
Skills and Knowledge:
- Be highly customer and consumer focused
- Motivated and results driven
- Be a strong team player with excellent verbal reasoning and analytical skills
- Have the ability to influence, make decisions and take responsibility for own actions
- A good negotiator & decision maker
- Highly analytical
- High integrity
- Must be able to get on with people at all levels internally and with our customers
- Able to develop solid professional & constructive relationships
Up to €65k basic salary plus bonus and benefits