This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at NetPay, the business bringing revolution to the Irish card payments industry focusing on system innovation and service excellence delivering card payment solutions through strategic partnerships. The business is looking for a number of skilled, dedicated and ambitious team members to capitalise on the considerable opportunity the business has to deliver exciting and sustainable growth.
We are looking for an ambitious, driven, self-motivated individual to lead our sales team in Ireland, supporting our Sales Executives and Partners to develop opportunities, create, build and drive growth from new and existing customers as well as have the capability to identify potential strategic opportunities for the business.
The type of person we are looking for will have had sales management experience preferably in the card payments/merchant services industry although this isn’t essential. It is important as an individual you have a focus on the number and a relentless commitment in ensuring the team hits target month on month. We are looking for someone who has a desire to be successful and is prepared to make the commitment to a growing business to realise their full personal and financial potential.
The right individual will be tenacious and persistent, not giving up until the job is done and the goals are achieved.
· Working as the Sales Manager managing a new team of Sales Executives, supporting them to drive revenue and performance growth as a direct report of the MD.
· Managing and generating new partner opportunities to generate business through strategic relationships with external businesses.
· Be part of the management team, representing the sales function and being focused on driving better co-operation between departments and improvements across the business.
· Support the team to develop and grow relationships with our customers to deliver growth for both our business and theirs and ensure we deliver target.
· Liaise with various departments within the business to drive and maximise opportunity.
· Experience in managing a growing sales team and providing support to meet and exceed monthly sales targets.
· Capable of producing weekly/monthly sales reporting including opportunity and revenue forecasting.
· An eye for strategic opportunity and potential growth areas for our business and new partnership opportunities.
· Confident and able to capture requirements and translate those into focused, well worded communications including providing support for proposals, ITT, RFI etc. where required.
· Necessity to on occasion work unsociable hours when proposal deadlines are looming, commitments have been made to resellers or support is required within the team to deliver certain opportunities.
· Necessity to travel to the UK roughly once per month for a management meeting.
· A well-structured individual that is able to plan and manage their time and opportunities effectively and is used to providing regular updates to the Board and their Management colleagues on a regular basis.
· Host weekly sales team meetings to discuss progress, opportunities and performance within the team and present that performance to the board.
· Preferable ambition to progress in the business as it grows.
· Whilst this is currently a small team of 3 directly employed people the business will quickly ramp up on the back of its success – the ambition is to “own” the non-bank merchant services industry in Ireland through a combination of great service, great technology and great salesmanship.
Knowledge and Skills
· Excellent listening and communication skills, able to communicate with people at all levels.
· Well-structured and organised able to prioritise work and deliver upon commitments to customers.
· Proactive, tenacious, committed and hungry for success.
· A fantastic grasp of numbers and the importance of them
· Possession of a full driving license
Key Competencies and Behaviours
· Strategic Thinking – Considers the longer-term impact of day to day decisions. Considers the requirements and goals of the business when prioritising day to day work and projects.
· Accountability – Takes ownership of issues to get resolutions that benefit the business.
· Problem Solving and Analysis – Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis is required. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions.
· Leadership – Will influence other areas of the business and provide proactive feedback to the Management Team.
· Teamwork and Collaboration – High sense of ownership and urgency to get the job done and deliver upon the objectives and goals of the business.
· Customer Focus – Makes and meets internal customer commitments understanding that their requirements are what drive those of the business and keep the doors open and the lights on.