Job Title: Sales & Marketing Executive
Responsible To: General Manager / Group Sales & Marketing Director
Overall Job Purpose: To maintain the smooth and efficient running of the Sales & Events Department ensuring that all guests both on the phone and in person are dealt with in accordance to hotel standards. To actively promote all aspects of the Hotel. To communicate with guests and clients and ensure that all requirements and requests are carried out to Company standards.
- To have total product knowledge of all the Hotel services and facilities.
- To ensure that all guest requirements and needs are met at all times in line with company customer relations policy.
- To upsell the Company products and services where possible.
- To produce and maintain all necessary sales / revenue / expenditure reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Dealing with wedding enquiries and co-ordinating existing wedding bookings.
- To be fully aware of maximising profit through controlling operating expenses.
- To monitor National & Local media for competitor analysis.
- To be actively present at community events. This includes local chamber of commerce, business networks such as women in business, local business association etc,.
- To manage social and digital media on behalf of the hotel.
- To carry out sales calls on a weekly basis to new and existing clients. This should be both on the phone and in person.
- To assist in the compilation of annual budgets.
- To ensure all departmental staff are aware of Hotel promotions or special activities going on in the hotel or local area.
- Responsibility for activities of Sales & Marketing Plan and to ensure these are carried out in a timely manner.
- To monitor competitor hotels in relation to dinner dances, conferences, AGMs etc, and to target these groups or businesses for future events.
- To carry out sales and marketing projects within agreed time frames.
- Management of all conference, event and wedding billing.
- To ensure that all potential revenue lines are maximised at all times.
- To be aware of key accounts with the hotel and liaise with company reps as appropriate.
- To assist the front office team on all areas such as yield management, rate structure, special offers and allocations.
- To arrange in house wedding fairs and to attend any off site trade fair as required.
- To attend all training courses as notified to you by management.
- To attend all relevant meetings both in house and externally as required.
- To carry out any other duties notified to you by management.