Industrial Info Resources (IIR) is the leading provider of global industrial market intelligence. Since 1983, our mission has been to provide our clients with the most accurate and timely information based on the highest-quality control standards in the industry. With our service, our clients are able to achieve higher visibility and become more effective in their sales and marketing strategies.
IIR's clients include the world’s leading industrial companies including ABB, Bureau Veritas, Siemens, ThyssenKrupp and many of the US Fortune 500. Clients are typically equipment manufacturers, service providers, distributors, manufacturer reps, labour unions and placement services who sell products and services into the industrial market.
The role: Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for seeking new sales opportunities in Europe. This is done through a series of methods including exhibiting at and walking tradeshows, cold calling and utilising databases of contacts that have been built up over the last 8 years.
- Build and then manage relationships with clients and develop a thorough understanding of their business challenges. To leverage this knowledge to ensure yearly subscription renewals and up sell where appropriate.
- Constantly think of creative ways to improve our relationships with our clients and grow client revenue.
- Introduce new and long-standing clients to the many IIR offerings that may be applicable to them such as various multimedia offerings
- To attend numerous tradeshows to gather appropriate leads
- To work closely with the European office to manage and build an effective sales pipeline
- A degree or equivalent, preferably in business or marketing.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and capable of seeking additional selling opportunities.
- Passionate about developing customer partnerships.
- At least five years of consultative sales and account management
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritise, plan, and organize the sales activity.
- A strong understanding of CRM systems.
- Fluency, written and spoken, in English and another European language is desirable.
- Frequent travel predominantly in EMEA will be required
This is a full time salaried position with benefits.
Compensation will comprise a base salary plus commission.
As the country client base is built, the commission on retained accounts makes it possible to generate very high commission levels.