25 Sales Interview Questions to be ready for
Motivation & Self Awareness
1. Would you describe yourself as self-motivated? If yes, why?
2. Can you give an example of a time when you made a suggestion to improve something at work? What happened? Was it implemented?
3. What was the level of supervision in your last job?
4. What was your relationship with your supervisor/manager like?
5. How would your last manager/ current manager rate your performance and how would you rate it yourself (self awareness)
6. If I was to ask your last supervisor or a colleague to describe you, what would they say?
7. What gets you out of bed in the morning? (and the answer is not an alarm clock!)
8. In your last (current) job, how did you go about organising your day?
9. Can you describe a time when you were under pressure at work? How did you go about handling the pressure?
10. Would you describe yourself as organised? What makes you describe yourself in this way?
11. Can you tell me about a time when you helped a team you were part of achieve its goals?
12. Can you tell me about a time there was conflict in a team you were in, what happened and how was it resolved?
13. Do you prefer to work alone on a task or with others?
14. Does anything frustrate you about working with other people on a daily basis?
15. Are you a member of any teams or groups outside work?
16. Would you describe yourself as ambitious? If yes, why?
17. If we were to hire you, how long would you see yourself staying with us?
18. Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years time?
19. Do you plan to study further in any particular area?
The awkward questions!
20. -Why should we choose you for this position?
21. -Could you tell me a bit about yourself?
22. -What do you feel are you main strengths?
23. -What do you know about this company?
24. -What do you think you would bring to this role?
25. -Why do you want to work for the company?
James Sweetman is the author of Graduate to Success and is a leading authority on Peak Performance. If you are ready to step into your potential, visit http://www.jamessweetman.com