Star Seafoods is one of the largest suppliers of fresh fish in the Republic of Ireland. Supplying restaurants and hotels on the South West and West of Ireland, we’ve been wholesaling to the hospitably sector since 1974.
Your role will be to win new customers in the restaurant and catering sectors initially in Dublin. You will generate sustainable financial growth through maximising sales and developing strong partnerships with customers.
Accountabilities: The main accountabilities of this role are described below. This is not an exhaustive list and may be amended as required in accordance with business needs.
- Promote and sell our full range of products into the food services channel.
- Consistently achieve and exceed sales revenue and margin targets and KPIs.
- Support the customer base and develop long term customer relationships.
- Research and develop business opportunities to expand customer base.
- Generate maximum pull through with customers.
- Gather and provide market intelligence for the management team and input into the development of sales strategies and actionable plans.
- Participate in/drive/support marketing initiatives and events to help drive positive market awareness.
- Manage all aspects of the sales process.
- Provide accurate and timely information and reports to management.
- Liaise with production to support on-time delivery of products.
- Be the first point of contact for customers and address customer complaints or issues.
- Additional tasks and projects as assigned.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that the successful candidate will have the following experience, knowledge and competencies:
Knowledge, Education & Experience
· A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role, in the food service sector
· A proven track record of driving sales and account management
· Detailed knowledge of the market with established relationships in the sector.
Skills and Key Competences:
· A track record of consistent delivering and exceeding sales targets.
· Results Driven, Energetic, self-motivated & persistent, with a strong work ethic - can work towards goals independently without close supervision.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish, develop and maintain long-term relationships with customers and stakeholders.
· Flexible, adaptable and innovative approach to work and selling e.g. in compliance with Covid19 restrictions.
· Good computing skills, including some experience of using Excel and databases for reporting purposes.
· Good organisation and time management skills - ability to organise your work to maximise effectiveness and efficiency.
· A professional appearance, providing a positive company image to the public.
· Strong team player
· Strong and proven sales skills with the ability to negotiate, make sound commercial decisions, handle objections and close sales.
· Full clean Irish drivers’ license
· Fluent English
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent