General Hardware Supplies was setup in 1999 and are part of the United Hardware Homevalue buying group, which is 100% Irish owned and has a network of over 80 independently owned stores nationwide.
We supply a broad customer base: from Merchants, Building contractors, trade & DIY enthusiasts, painters & much more with all their building & DIY supplies and hardware. We are also large importers of softwood timber from Sweden, Norway, Germany, Latvia as well as pressure treated timber.
Overview of the role
Due to strong growth and ambitious future plans, we are looking to strengthen our team to enable further expansion, whilst maintaining our industry leading service levels. As such, we are seeking to recruit a Sales Executive to work across our trade function.
· Managing from start to finish the entire sales process
· Managing our trade client list and develop strong relationships
· Liaising with Clients & Client's representatives
· Liaising with Internal and External logistics functions
· Ensure optimal stock levels
· Engaging key strategic customers and potential contractors over the phone or in person, you will promote products and services
· Prepare quotations for customers and construct account plans to meet sales targets and gain maximum market advantage
· There will be other various tasks assigned to allow for the smooth operation of a well-established, busy and growing trade business.
Interested? To be considered as our next senior sales executive, you will need:
· At least five years’ sales experience, preferably within trade or building supplies but not essential.
· Experience of working in a busy retail environment
· Commercially focused
· Passion for Sales
· Good Pro-Active Attitude
· Proven record of working on own Initiative and as part of a team.
· Ability to Learn and Retain In-depth Product Knowledge
· Very Strong Multi-tasking & Organisational Capabilities
· Ability to reach and exceed sales targets
· Ability to prioritise workload
· Ability to use initiative, bring ideas and options to diversify into new product lines.
· Effective team player
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer-facing skills
· Strong sales, negotiation and analytical skills
· The flexibility and willingness to learn
· Excellent attention to detail
· A positive attitude
· IT literacy and the ability to use stock systems, retail systems, Microsoft outlook etc.
· A quick learner with a great personality