Our client a leading Retail Store with a large Homewares, Interior Styling & Decoration department based in County Kilkenny are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Sales Assistant / Interior Stylist to join their team. This is a unique experience to join a sales department where you can be involved in the sourcing and selection of new product ranges. You will be involved in helping to create the best shopping experience for customers whilst generating sales and merchandising products and overseeing the department.
* Choosing and buying the products and ranges that will attract sales and enhance the customers shopping experience. This will include attendance at trade shows for the purpose of sourcing products.
* Display, Merchandising and promotion of new products and special offers both in store and through social media.
* Offer colour matching expertise and paint product selection advice to assist the customer with their interior design and redecorating.
* Ensure that the Homewares Department is performing to the expectations of the Store Manager.
* Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
* Preparation and processing of online orders.
* Participate in the processing of goods inwards and help the team to keep the stock storage area clean and organised.
* Answer customers questions and provide information on products, procedures and policies.
* Process sales and appropriate payment from the customer.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Have good interaction and communication skills with an interest in sales.
* Have a minimum of 1 year retail sales experience within a similar environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to cope under pressure.
* Good business awareness.
* Strong planning and organisational skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Problem-solving ability.
* Knowledge of retail computer systems.
* Be able to prioritise duties.
* Always be a good team player.
* Be able to communicate well with people of all levels.
For full details, send an updated CV to Elizabeth in FRS Recruitment Kilkenny via link provided.