New Payment Innovation (NPI) is a leading Irish provider of payment services. The business has been trading in Ireland, as an Irish registered business since 2014 (formally known as NetPay Merchant Services (Ireland) Limited). NPI offers a range of face-to-face, online and over the phone payment services, delivering to Irish merchants a range of differentiated solutions through our market leading technology, focusing on the functionality ‘beyond the transaction’. With greater service management capability, reporting, insight and analytics, NPI’s flagship Revolution platform supports merchants in taking control of their business, make informed decisions and experience value beyond simply the commodity capability of being able to take a card payment.
Business Development Executive
Citywest Business Campus
Competitive Basic Salary, plus uncapped commission
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at NPI and help us continue to deliver on our ambitious business development plans. Card payment services are growing continuously in Ireland and internationally, and at NPI we seeking to expand our dedicated and ambitious team to capitalise on this considerable opportunity and achieve sustainable growth. Our direct sales activity is predominantly an office-based, telephone sales operation, but for those who prefer dealing face to face, we welcome customers to visit our offices and we will also occasionally meet customers onsite in their premises.
We are looking for an ambitious, driven, self-motivated individual to work within our direct sales team developing new customer leads and responding to the substantial volume of quality leads being generated through our continuous online and offline Marketing activities. The type of person we are looking for will have had sales experience but not necessarily in the card payments industry, is someone that has a desire to be successful and is prepared to make the commitment to a growing business to realise their full personal and financial potential.
· Qualify and convert inbound sales enquiries received by phone, email, webchat and targeted marketing activities.
· Progress in-bound enquiries to an eventual sale, ensuring the customer is fully informed before they decide.
· Perform outbound calls following up marketing activity to the customers/members to discuss the services provided by NPI and the benefits of working with us.
· Promote the various packages that are offered by NPI as part of our relationship with our strategic partners.
· You must be confident and able to capture requirements and make recommendations based upon what is the most suitable service for the customer.
· Be as flexible and amenable as possible to ensure the customer experience is at its best.
· The ability to vary your behaviour and conversation to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
· Experience in working with and achieving monthly sales targets.
· Capable of producing weekly/monthly sales reporting including opportunity and revenue forecasting.
· Confident and able to capture requirements and make recommendations based upon what is the most suitable service for the customer.
· A well-structured individual that is able to plan and manage their time and opportunities effectively and is used to providing regular updates to the Management Team on their progress.
· Participate in team meetings to discuss progress with other team members.
· Preferable ambition to progress in the business as it grows.
Knowledge and Skills
· Excellent listening and communication skills, able to communicate with people at all levels.
· Well-structured and organised able to prioritise work and deliver upon commitments to customers.
· Proactive, tenacious, committed and hungry for success.
· A good grasp of numbers and the ability to learn new services and packages quickly.
Key Competencies and Behaviours
· Strategic Thinking – Considers the longer-term impact of day to day decisions. Considers the requirements and goals of the business when prioritising day to day work and projects.
· Accountability – Takes ownership of issues to get resolutions that benefit the business.
· Problem Solving and Analysis – Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis is required. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques in obtaining solutions.
· Leadership – Will influence other areas of the business and provide proactive feedback to the Management Team.
· Teamwork and Collaboration – High sense of ownership and urgency to get the job done and deliver upon the objectives and goals of the business.
· Customer Focus – Makes and meets internal customer commitments understanding that their requirements are what drive those of the business and keep the doors open and the lights on.