Newspaper Licensing Ireland Limited (NLI) is seeking an ambitious, self-starting Licensing Executive to help promote and develop a culture of copyright compliance in Ireland.
NLI is a rights management organisation that facilitates the commercial use of newspaper and magazine content – both print and online – by issuing licences to users. Mandated by copyright-owners (publishers), we deliver simple, low-cost solutions that permit companies to access, copy and share both Irish and international content.
The use of news content in business is growing, and so is NLI. We need a Licensing Executive to join our busy Sales Team, with responsibility for developing new business.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and using our online CRM software, you will be required to identify, contact and advise unlicensed organisations (potential clients) on the use of news content and their legal obligations regarding same. Your responsibilities will include educating companies of their copyright obligations and manage the sales process, from first introduction to issuing an NLI licence based on each organisation’s individual requirements.
· Develop a strong understanding of copyright law and how it relates to use of news/media content
· Generate defined prospect lists, leads and business contacts
· Develop new business opportunities through outbound sales and cold calling
· Establish and maintain current potential client relationships
· Identify and resolve prospective client concerns
· Exceed individual sales target
· Maintain records/database/contact information
· Prepare sales reports for NLI management
You should have:
· Experience in an outbound sales role
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
· Experience and working knowledge of online CRM software (e.g. Zoho)
· Good telephone manner
· Track record of having consistently delivered in a sales / target-driven environment
· The ability to work on own initiative (but also within a close team)
· The ability to structure and manage your time efficiently
· Excellent negotiation and closing skills
· Good organisational skills and attention to detail
· Strong numeric ability
- Ideally, a third level qualification
· Ideally, a good knowledge of the Irish media industry including news outlets and media monitoring organisations