Our client is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings.
To procure business, frameworks, contracts, projects & specification sales on behalf of the business and increase the brand profile within the IOI Muni market.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
The position is for a ‘Business Development Manager’ to cover the Municipal sector within the Republic of Ireland and comprises the following activities;
· The position will be responsible for the development of business created within Irish Water, Municipal Contractors (Service & Sales) and Design Consultants (Product Sales), to ensure maximum gain’s in share of market by offering all the business products and services which include;
- Waste Water & Clean Water Products,
- Service Projects, Installs & Refurbishment Works,
- Treatment Products & Projects,
- ICA Telemetry Products & Services,
- New Product offerings such as Pure Technologies Asset Conditioning / Leakage Detection Services
- Sensus Metering & Visenti Software Solutions
· In addition to the above, the position ‘may’ also include for some development of business created outside of Irish Water in the way of developing Infrastructure sales with customers such as Ports, Airports, Road & Rail as well as Contractors and Consultants for both Product Sales and Service Sales as detailed above.
· The incumbent will be tasked within Irish Water by identifying & exploiting new frameworks (i.e. Treatment), existing frameworks/sales, opportunities, new applications (i.e. Pure Technologies/Sensus etc.), and support to ensure that business is further recognised within Irish Water and it’s Contractors/Consultants to enable the business further develop high level relations to procure incremental business by securing new contracts and by outperforming our competition.
· To work in close co-operation with the General Manager Sales and other field sales engineers – Area Sales Managers, product champions i.e. Treatment, ICA, Clean & Waste Water Products in developing the sales growth through Contractors, Engineering design consultants and M&I contacts in line with the business strategy. This to include both product and service sales revenue, with a clear focus on market business development for short, medium and long term projections.
· Dependent on experience in the specific Municipal market or applications, they may be required to act as a “Reference Point” to the rest of the Municipal Team as a Product/Service/Process Champion.
· Continuous Improvement Mindset.
· Cross-Business Collaboration .
· Customer Responsiveness & Intimacy.
· Developing ‘Own Capability’ Mindset (i.e. Training).
· Embracing Ownership & Accountability.
· Ability to Forecast Future Order Intake.
· Leading by example, a ‘can do’ attitude.
· Embracing and Managing Change.
· Market knowledge & Intelligence.
· Sales Acumen & execution.
· Sales Strategy Planning & Business Development.
· Priority Management Mindset.
· External: Collaborate with other sales departments in IOI (Building Services & Industry, PPS & PPM and Service Sales for optimum gain with minimal duplication or unnecessary conflict.
· Internal: Coordinate efforts along-side our internal support functions such as Internal Sales, Internal Tendering, Engineering Department, Service, Finance & Accounts etc.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
· At least 3 years working in the Municipal Sector or adjacent markets.
· Engineering or Business qualification that will compensate that level of expertise.
· Must have a good understanding of Windows based computer programs, in particular Excel.
· Experience of using a proprietary CRM system (preferable).
· Existing contacts & relationships with relevant Water Company(s), Design Engineers and Key Tier 1 / M&E Contractors (preferable).
· Current or previous membership of relevant industry bodies (e.g. British Water, BPMA) (preferred).
· Full driving license (preferably clean).
€70,000 basic plus a performance related bonus. Fully expensed Company Car.
25 days holidays
Company Credit Card