General Hardware Supplies Ltd is a builders’ providers and DIY store located at Station Road,
Newcastle West, Co, Limerick. We are part of the United Hardware (Homevalue) Group.
We supply an extensive range of imported quality timber, roofing and building mateials, doors and
floors, DIY Products, stoves to both the trade and retail markets in Limerick and Munster area.
In order to meet our strategic objectives and goals we wish to appoint a strong GENERAL
MANAGER to manage growth and expansion.
This is an important Senior position within the company and the appointee will be required to
have relevant experience of working at a senior level in a similar organisation. He/she will report
directly to the Management Team.
- Management of the sales function to include:
- External sales (including specific key account customers), trade counter sales, driving retail sales and
developing our showroom.
- Communication of KPIs to branch management
and staff and give appropriate direction and support in target driven sales performance management to maximise profitability.
- Ensure the business provides exceptional levels of service to its wide range of customers and that best in class practices are employed.
- Management of the yard, warehousing and transport functions.
- Responsibility for ensuring the branch purchasing function is managed effectively with our Purchasing Manager to ensure the best possible deals
for the company are achieved and best business practice is followed.
- Management of inventory to ensure adequate stocks are maintained to support the sales effort, while remaining within the working capital guidelines as set out by the management team.
- Responsibility for ensuring company guidelines,procedures and policies, are implemented and adhered to in relation to a range of business disciplines, including HR, Credit Control and Administration. In particular the General Manager will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant Health & Safety legislation and adhering to company policy and procedures in relation to the operation of a safe environment for employees
- Management of branch staff attendance, time keeping and, disciplinary procedures, where appropriate.
- Regular review of all cost inputs, including haulage/delivery and overhead costs.
- The General Manager will also have a “dotted line” responsibility to the company director on issues
such as credit control and working capital management.
- An appropriate package including salary and performance-related bonus will be negotiated with the
- Interested candidates will ideally have 3 to 5 years’ experience operating in a similar role.
- Candidates will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an in-depth understanding of what is required to deliver best in class customer service.
- Candidates will be able to communicate effectively with senior management, be results orientated and possess the ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve targets and goals of the business.
- Previous experience gained in the builders’ providers/DIY sector would be a distinct advantage.