We are recruiting for a Senior Purchasing Manager for our leading client in Co Louth. This is a full time permanent position.
Reporting to the Purchasing Director, you will also work alongside the business unit managers in Operations, Marketing, Finance and Purchasing.
You will support the Purchasing Director and the wider procurement team in ensuring the efficient and economic management of the purchasing portfolio, including sourcing & management of co-manufacturing to support business operations.
The role will involve managing existing relationships with our suppliers and exploring alternative and new suppliers to meet our growth ambitions and innovation strategy.
* You must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
* A genuine passion for working with people and building relationships.
* Excellent communication skills across a variety of situations including presentation skills, written and verbal.
* You are self-directed, motivated, results and target focused
* Driven and ambitious with a ‘can do’ attitude
* Very high attention to detail and commercial acumen
* A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems and a desire to make things better.
* Strategic Supplier Management through partnerships ensuring conformance to agreed T&C’s of trading and relevant KPIs
* Build and manage meaningful business relationships in line with Company Values and Culture, with all current and new suppliers.
* Delivery performance – aligned with forecasting demand versus MOQs, tiered pricing
* Supporting the definition and implementation of strategy for the procurement function in conjunction with the Purchasing Director.
* Ensuring business needs are met at all times
* Ownership of full set of procurement KPIs
* Budgeting, Forecasting and projection of pricing, market trends, commodities, and key influencers, market conditions impacting on product availability and pricing volatility.
* Ensuring all materials purchased have a clearly defined product T&C spec in all relevant sourcing, ethical, and quality parameters, e.g. origin, product & packaging integrity, price, capacity & liability.
* Ownership of supplier issues in all areas, troubleshoot on cost, quality, and managing risk
* Work with all relevant departments to manage inventory and purchasing needs
* Produce monthly functional report for Purchasing Director to present to the Executive team
* Sourcing new suppliers for co-manufacturing purposes
* Minimising lost sales, reducing stock wastage
* Liaise with sales & supply chain to ensure full alignment on forecasting
* Maintaining supplier and agency agreements
* Maintaining all information on Movex
* NPD from current suppliers
* Responding to and coordinating customer NPD projects in conjunction with category / innovation / insight and marketing teams
* The role will involve managing existing relationships with key international accounts and exploring new opportunities
Skills and Experience
* Strong Negotiation skills
* Interpersonal communication skills – internally and externally including the ability to summarise and articulate and provide clarity of information and interpretation to non subject matter experts.
* Planning & Organising skills
* Analytical and problem solving abilities
* Networking and keeps abreast of functional best practice
* Strong financial acumen
* Proven procurement experience
* Working knowledge of relevant legislation regarding procurement and drafting contracts
* MRP/ERP systems
* Management experience
Send CV through the attached link
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069 for immediate consideration for this position