We are recruiting for a Internal Audit Graduate for our leading client in Co Louth. This role will involve travel in Ireland and UK. This job opportunity offers excellent potential for career progression in the future.
You will be responsible for assisting the Head of Internal Audit on protecting assets of the Group by planning and completing financial audits; identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective internal controls and recommending improvements.
Duties will include:
* Plan financial audits by understanding organisation objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs.
* Assess compliance with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements; examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
* Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluate manual and automated financial processes; identify process weaknesses, inefficiencies and operational issues.
* Verify assets and liabilities through analysis, comparison of items to systems and all relevant supporting documentation.
* Prepare complete paperless Audit File which will include detailed Audit Working Papers, Notes to file and copies of all relevant supporting documentation.
* Ongoing communication of audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; preparing final audit reports to both the Head of Internal Audit and appropriate site management personnel.
* Strengthen controls by recommending changes in operational and management processes.
* Provide financial control information through the collection, analysis, and summarising of data, identifying trends and areas warranting further investigation.
* Contributes to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organisation; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Degree educated ideally in Accounting, Finance or Business related and will be already working towards or interested in becoming a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
* Key necessary attributes also include excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Attention to detail, integrity, professionalism and objectivity.
* Must be comfortable with travel throughout Ireland, UK and Europe.
Send CV through the attached link
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069 for immediate consideration