Head of Development
Galway 2020 have created a new role of Head of Development, reporting to the Director of Partnerships and Development. The role will be responsible for managing existing sponsorship relationships and developing new relationships with organizations in the Corporate and SME sectors. The role will support the Director of Partnerships and Development in securing a range of funding partners for Galway 2020 and delivering value propositions to partner organizations.
* Implement a comprehensive strategic partnership management plan
* Develop relationships with public organizations at Local, Regional, National and European levels
* Identify and secure new prospective partner organizations in the Corporate and SME sectors
* Ownership of funding targets and development of plans to achieve targets
* Create partnerships with organizations who will provide value-in-kind for Galway 2020
* Create a template for relationship proposals which address key Galway 2020 themes
* Manage ongoing relationships with partners to include regular meetings and the preparation and submission of evaluation reports
* Develop commercial offerings based on Galway 2020 brand
* Represent Galway 2020 at external events and conferences to protect and enhance its reputation
* Team Leadership of a team of direct reports who will be responsible for funding and relationship management.
* Track record of business development and / or client relationship management with large scale corporates and SME's
* Track record of sponsor engagement success
* Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience of senior level engagement with partners and stakeholders
* Experience of securing large scale sponsorship and in-kind support
* Educated to degree level in a business or related discipline
* Experience of working within the cultural sector
Application is by CV and covering letter. Applicants should set out within the covering letter how their experience and skills match requirements in the person specification within this document.
Closing Date for applications: 13th August 2019
The position is a fixed term contract position to be undertaken on a full-time basis, located in Galway