Our client a leading Agri company brings innovative products to market to help drive profitable and sustainable farming, It is an ambitious and expanding agri-business based in Waterford.
The company is now seeking a strategic and results focused Marketing Manager who has the skills and experience to deliver consumer centric marketing campaigns across the five businesses within the group. A commercial acumen and an ability to apply your expertise in a B2B and B2C environment a must for this role.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work as part of the senior team within the business to shape the direction of the group, as it enters an exciting time period in its history.
Role and responsibilities:
* Responsible for all marketing activities across the group's agri-businesses, spanning both retail and wholesale channels;
* Take a hands on approach and work cross functionally to lead in the development of strategic marketing plans for key brands; including brand positioning, messaging strategy, brand identity and implementation planning
* Oversee the execution, along with a hands-on approach, of marketing activities including digital marketing, lead generation, event management, PR, sales support material and budget management.
* Devising, conducting, and reporting on market research with both customers, industry advisers and consumers (farmers). Leverage insights to influence campaign/brand messaging and communications planning.
* Direct responsibility for managing the PR profile of the group. This will entail developing effective relationships with key editorial contacts in relevant media.
* Construct and manage the marketing budget;
* Lead and control the activities of the marketing team (one marketing Executive and one PT Assistant);
* Critically analyse and report on the effectiveness of each individual marketing activity to ensure the marketing budget can be seen to be spent effectively in the pursuit of specific goals and objectives.
* Responsible for the delivery of the recently development group-wide corporate market strategy - overseeing its implementation in both existing communication platforms and long-term plans.
* Continue to shape the groups digital marketing strategy for key brands, continuously building "owned channels" of communication.
* Take ownership of the customer and consumer journey, identifying key touchpoints to ensure our brands deliver an excellent customer experience for our key consumer segments.
* Marketing lead in the implementation of a group wide CRM programme.
* Critically analyse and report on the effectiveness of marketing initiatives to ensure the marketing budget is delivering against long and short-term KPI's.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Relevant 3rd level marketing qualification, min of a degree in marketing
* Strong marketing background with experience of B2B and B2C marketing environment and techniques and a keen understanding for developing and executing plans that are based on robust market insights;
* In-depth knowledge of current best practice in traditional and online marketing. It is expected that candidates will be have digital marketing experience, with proven ability to plan, create and disseminate quality story-led digital content;
* Ability to work on own initiative but crucially the ideal candidate will have the ability to work well with stakeholders across the business and influence decision making;
* Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as exacting attention to detail;
* Experience of the marketing budgetary process and an ability to deliver projects on time and on budget;
* A high degree of relevant IT competence (experience in the use of a CRM system would be an advantage);
* Some exposure to the agri market would be an advantage but is not essential - the successful candidate must be willing to gain a sufficient understanding of our products and target markets to effectively support the delivery of business plans