Sales & Marketing Manager – Hospitality Industry
An exciting opportunity available for the right candidate with a well-known client of mine in the hospitality industry based in East Cork.
This role will focus on targeting new business relationships which will generate new revenue sources for our Client. The role will also involve local marketing/public relations and sales & marketing administration. The Sales & Marketing Manager is responsible for retaining and maintaining existing business and overseeing the development and implementation of the sales & marketing strategy. The Sales & Marketing Manager will also be responsible for Co-Ordinating the Wedding & Events team.
* Increase overall sales of the hotel through penetration of the corporate marketplace, booking agents and conference business
* Plan and manage the day-to-day corporate sales function to ensure that revenue and profitability are maximised and that all clients receive exceptional sales service, encouraging repeat business
* Develop a hotel advertising and promotional plan, which is effective in terms of cost and market penetration
* Achieve a high profile for yourself and the hotel in the market place
* Plan and implement sales and marketing strategies for the hotel
* Responsible for achieving annual budgeted sales turnover by successfully managing all sales channels of the hotel
* Maintain and update the hotel website, ensuring effective communications with the host company
* Responsible for the effective execution of all online marketing
* Complete a competitor analysis frequently and ensure awareness of competitor activities and trends in the market
* Responsible for ensuring that all hotel marketing content are produced in line with Group brand guidelines
* Attend Head of Department meetings to keep the management team informed
* To develop an amicable, personable and professional business relationship with clients, agencies and staff
* Supporting the General Manager and the Group Sales and Marketing Manager in achieving budgeted sales
* Confidently conduct face-to- face sales calls as agreed with the Group Sales & Marketing Manager and to present a tailored presentation to potential clients by effectively using a range of presentation skills. To undertake telesales as and when required.
* Oversee brochure and print material production and stock levels. To maintain photography and imagery for hotel and oversee photography as and when required.
* Assist with both hotels website provider to ensure optimisation of our online position
* To maintain accurate and detailed database information on clients, develop new database and to undertake the development of the direct mail-shot programme for the Hotel in consultation with Group Sales & Marketing Manager.
* To ensure E-marketing is carried out and creative e-zines are produced and distributed to the leisure and corporate market.
* To work with the Group Sales and Marketing Manager to develop and adopt a Social Media plan and oversee that this plan is actioned by team members.
* To pre-book and participate at various tradeshows and consumer shows throughout the year
* Representing the hotel at events and exhibitions and dealing with print work.
* To plan, reserve Advertising and ensure all adverts are placed in time maintaining low costs and ensuring excellent attention to detail when proofing before they go to print. Achieve editorial when placing adverts.
* Build relationships with journalists and develop PR from this area
* Assist with website development and maintain website and ensure we are optimising on searches and google analytics.
* Attend Cork Chamber of Commerce and other networking events with membership organisations with a view to promoting both hotels.
* Produce weekly reports which will support your weekly Sales & Marketing activities.
* Co-Ordinating the Wedding & Events team.
For further information on this role please call Tara on 086-1451078