The Medical Project Operations Manager (POM) will provide project management support to Client to support planning, tracking and reporting of non-trial related medical affairs activities (progress updates, time lines, budgets and monthly reporting) for assigned franchises in Medical Affairs and Medical Communications.
Oversee the alignment of the planning activities and approaches across the organisation to align budget planning activities across the organisation. Provides regular and frequent communication to senior Franchise stakeholders ensuring transparency and alignment of non-trial activities e.g. Ops Directors, Finance, Brand Medical Directors (WWBMD, WWMAD) and Scientific Engagement Governance (SEG) managers.
* Work closely with Client stakeholders (GBMD and GMAT) to support planning, tracking and reporting of non-trial medical affairs activities (progress updates, timelines, budgets and monthly reporting) for assigned franchise:
* Support the preparation of annual budget through the consolidation and validation of budget submissions for the assigned Franchise portfolio budget reviews
* Attend GMAT meeting; Support WWBMD and GMAT members in the preparation of brand study budget review;
* Monitor progress of activities;
* Support review of vendor proposal, challenge proposals as appropriate;
* Oversee PO management process.
* Coordinate, review and track approvals of activities;
* Provide regular and frequent communication with Franchise stakeholders to ensure transparency and alignment (Ops Directors, Finance, Brand Medical Directors (WWBMD, WWMAD), and Scientific Engagement Governance (SEG) managers) of non-trial activities.
* Work with key functions, primarily the Director(s) of Operational Excellence and act as a SPOC for all non-trial project queries (e.g. PO issues and rebooking, compliance to controls and governance).
* Highlight timelines/budget deviations or operational issues and communicate to Client / relevant stakeholders in a timely fashion.
* Challenge process improvements with Client and PLS team, bringing critical thinking to ensure best in class budget management and project management processes to continuously drive innovation and simplification.
* Implement, coordinate and maintain monthly reporting with agreed metrics, value add commentary and analysis for medical and financial stakeholders e.g. Operational & financial metrics report, evidence dissemination analysis
* 5+ years experience in a multidisciplinary environment or in line functions with budget forecasting experience
* PRINCE 2 / PMP or other project management certification
* Highly numerate and logical, with strong analytical thinking.
* Good business sense and maturity to challenge input.
* Basic-level knowledge of science and some understanding of global drug development process.
* Bachelor’s degree preferably in life science and business management, finance training or experience. Experience in controlling is desirable.
IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.