Sales Executive for the Phoenix Magazine.
Job Title: Sales Executive
Reporting to: CEO
Place of work: Phoenix Magazine, 44 Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2
The Phoenix Magazine is Ireland’s No.1 Political & Financial magazine and website.
It was established in 1983 and its publication is fortnightly with a larger Annual Edition in November.
Key responsibilities include:
· Contacting potential clients, usually over the telephone ideally with a view to arranging a face to face meeting, business lunch or presentation, to research client needs and explain the benefits of advertising in The Phoenix.
· Marketing to key, focused sectors in the media business.
· Work closely with clients to design a solution that suits their needs.
· Developing and maintaining an in-depth understanding of the market place you work in, including regular analysis of competitor activity.
· Explaining pricing costs to potential clients and negotiating.
· Account managing of existing clients to ensure that their needs are satisfied, and that The Phoenix is their first port of call when they are considering advertising.
· Attending industry networking events, exhibitions, seminars and conferences to build awareness of your industry and meet with potential and existing clients.
· Working closely with the Production team to ensure that agreed advertisements are designed and received in good time before production deadlines.
· Working to maximize sales and meet agreed targets.
· Keep accurate records of sales, contacts and deals.
Skills and Qualifications:
Outgoing Personality, Interpersonal Skills, Persuasiveness, Likeability, Confidence, Customer Service, Maintaining Relationships, Listening, Resilience, Creativity, Adaptability, Organisation, Detail-Orientated, Multi-Tasking, Reliability.
Target orientated with the desire to sell and meet ambitious targets. Commercial awareness and strong networking skills. Excellent digital media skills.
Scope of the role:
You will have the opportunity to work with an established team of creative and committed employees in an interesting business, whilst also developing strong business relationships with senior influencers in the media industry. There is also an excellent opportunity to grow the online business whilst also supporting the team with public relations and marketing strategies.
Package – Salary €30,000 - €35,000 + Excellent Commissions