The Clerical Officer in the Legal and Industrial Relations Department will work as part of a team under the management of the Assistant General Secretary, Senior Official, and relevant Officials, as the case may be, and under the overall management of the General Secretary. The successful candidate will report directly to the Assistant General Secretary, Senior Official and or relevant Official. The position is full-time permanent on a 35 hour week, Monday through Friday.
Successful candidates must have:
* Knowledge about INTO
* High standard of service
* Great teamwork
* Reliable and trustworthy
* Excellent organisational and administrative skills
* Strong IT skills
* Administrative: This will include typing/audio typing, word processing, the preparation of documentation, presentations and materials, the preparation of records/minutes, arranging meetings – both internal and external, organising conferences or other events, maintaining an effective filing system, maintaining diaries;
* Dealing with member's queries across a broad range of employment and professional matters- including by phone, correspondence/e-mail as required;
* Assisting with projects, meetings and/or hearings as required including record keeping;
* Preparing, writing, editing and proofing written material - including correspondence, case briefs, reports, policy documents and submissions;
* Maintaining a data base of cases with particular focus on compliance with legal time limits and providing reports on same;
* Liaising with external bodies, such as the DES or legal advisers;
* Using IT systems effectively, including for presentations, use of the membership data base, updating and uploading information on the web, preparation of statistical data including in diagrammatic format;
* Relief reception duties;
* Such other secretarial and administrative duties as may be assigned by the Assistant General Secretary, Senior Official and or relevant Officials;
* Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the General Secretary.
Terms of Employment:
* This is a full-time permanent position and the salary for the position is based on a 10 point annual incremental scale, from €24,255 to €38,397. The position is subject to a probation period of six months with an initial review after three months.
* The basic working week is 35 hours.
* The INTO provides for flexible working hours between 8a.m. and 6p.m. Monday through Friday. Initial hours to be decided following consultation and agreement with the Assistant General Secretary, bearing in mind the needs of the department.
* The annual leave year runs from 1 January to 31 December. There is a leave entitlement of 31 days paid annual leave per annum, in addition to public holidays.
* Sick leave provisions related to national teachers/public servants will apply.
* The normal retirement age of an employee is 65 years.
* INTO operates an obligatory defined benefit pension scheme based on career average earnings for which the employee contribution is currently 6.5%, integrated with contribution towards State Pension.
IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.