ABRIVIA RECRUITMENT has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Brand Manager/ Marketing Manager for a leading FMCG Multinational. This is a fantastic opportunity - easy to say but it is ! I have been fortunate to work with this company over the last 6 years and more important to that is the feedback from the people I have placed there- it has been really positive and encouraging !
In this role, the successful candidate will work on the main brands within the business and it is a company which is brand and consumer led. My client has a positive working atmosphere where everyone helps each other out. ** Two great aspects to this role is that you will report in to a Country Manager who is fair; supportive; commercial with a very strong FMCG background and will give you a lot of autonomy and secondly, he is looking for someone who can be successful and can. hit the ground running ** Although this is a contract role, there is potentially future opportunities in the wider organisation upon successful completion of the contract.
With this role, it is extremely varied- with a focus on brand equity; digital; insight and creating campaigns that can deliver an increase in Sales. An important aspect is developing relationships externally with Retailers and getting buy in from stakeholders. The Irish Operation is very tight knit and you will gain invaluable exposure to the international business as well. The great aspect to the business is that they have a lot of autonomy to make decisions but with the ‘pulling power’ and investment of a reputable global name behind them.
For this role you must be energetic; have both digital and traditional marketing experience; be consumer focused; have a Marketing qualification and at least 4-5 years Brand management experience in the FMCG sector is a must. As mentioned, should you prove yourself in this role there are potential opportunities in the wider business.
* To identify and drive opportunities to grow sales and profitability of the range portfolio.
* Coordinate ATL and BTL communication for the brands in Ireland within corporate guidelines.
* Work closely with our colleagues in the UK and International Marketing to select the best brand propositions for launch in the Ireland market.
* To develop and execute the yearly marketing plan for the range portfolio.
* To manage development and protection of brand positioning and consumer proposition.
* Track performance of the brand portfolio and competitors and formulate necessary action plans to deliver brand and commercial objectives.
* Lead and provide direction to cross functional teams (NPD, Sales, Category Management) motivating them to achieve brand and commercial targets. Ensure alignment across sales, marketing and category management.
* Develop and execute consumer marketing initiatives using appropriate cost effective media solutions to achieve communication objectives working effectively with appropriate communications agencies.
* To evaluate all activities undertaken to ensure maximum return on investment measured against business objectives within budget.
* Understand the changing needs of the target consumer through effective use of consumer research programmes (primary and secondary sources) translating insight into actionable strategies.
* To develop and mentor Assistant Brand Manager to maximise potential and contribution to the business.
* To work collaboratively with UK and International Marketing colleagues to share best practice and insights.
* Attendance at international marketing and UK NPD meetings as required.
* To support sales, category management functions relating to Ireland brand activities.
* Marketing background within branded environment (4-5 years minimum).
* FMCG background and experience with major multiple retailers
* Food marketing experience desirable
* Experience of managing ATL and BTL campaigns including media planning.
* Comfortable working with and directing external agencies
* Data interpretation and analysis
* Commercial understanding and analysis
* Logical yet creative approach to problem solving
* Attentive to detail.
* Project management and leadership skills
Should this position be of interest to you please forward your CV to Denis Mac Sweeney from Abrivia Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call Denis at 01 531 3729. Applications are in strict confidence.