Job Title: Hearing Aid Dispenser
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Positions Available in: Leinster, Munster, Connacht
Job Purpose: The purpose of the Hearing Aid Dispensers role is primarily and most importantly to deliver a high quality service to clients so that they enjoy the full benefit of their hearing aid(s). Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Dispenser will ensure all leads (including those generated via telemarketing), are followed up and their diary is fully maintained with sales/service appointments in keeping with the Companys protocols and ATRT. In line with ATRT, the Dispenser will also provide front desk relief/support to the AA to ensure all telemarketing opportunities are exhausted and will assist with the general upkeep and cleanliness of the Branch.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
Qualification/Experience/Skills: General good education, technically able, customer services, IT literate, full clean Drivers Licence.
Personality: Service-minded, empathetic, personable, good communicator, relationship builder, honest, reliable, committed, team player.
Induction training will take nine (9) weeks, most of which will be residential. This initial period will be followed by a 30 Day Orientation Programme along with structured continuous development training. Learning & Development is delivered by the Companys HR, Learning & Development Department alongside current Diploma curriculum standards as set out by HCPC.
Dispensers training will cover the following:
- Audiometry to ISHAA/BSHAA/HCPC and/or such other professional body as may be prescribed by law, or be willing to obtain the appropriate qualification.
- Impression taking.
- Hearing aid programming.
- Hearing aid fitting and client rehabilitation.
- Regulations (advisable conditions).
- Hearing aid repairs.
- Accessories/customer care products.
- IT/record keeping.
- Administration requirement.
- Commercial awareness.
- Diary Management.
There will be routine on-going assessment during the training period and trainees will be required to pass a competency examination at the end of the training period.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make and/or attend appointments with potential clients to conduct hearing tests as a basis for selling hearing solutions within specified time scales and in accordance with ATRT.
- Conduct hearing tests for potential clients in accordance with the BSA Standards and/or such other professional body as may be prescribed by law.
- Advise on and sell suitable remedial hearing solutions as a result of testing in accordance with the above Standards and in accordance with ATRT requirements.
- Process the sales administration of orders and carry out other administrative duties in accordance with ATRT and in a timely manner.
- Ensure the refund rate is below the minimum Company average for the previous 12 months.
- Complete and return to the relevant Department all Case Reports/Monthly Reports, etc., in accordance with communicated schedules.
- Actively participate in and cooperate with monthly/quarterly KPI review meetings, quarterly Performance Appraisal Reviews and Performance Improvement Plans (as required).
- Accurately, neatly and fully complete audiograms and all records on the Companys
- Diary Management System and synchronise daily.
- Provide reports and statistical records to support testing, sales activities and planning and complete the Monthly Report Sheet and submit by the due date each month.
- Provide after sales service by promptly (and in accordance with the Companys protocols, including ATRT), responding to service calls to resolve problems or queries, regardless of the originator of the sale, in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain audiometry, sales and procedural knowledge and skills, supported by attending all scheduled training courses and team/regional and National meetings.
- Provide market intelligence on competitor activities and recommend potential commercial opportunities including the availability of potential recruits.
- Implement approved recommendations within BSA Standards and/or such other professional body as may be prescribed by law.
- Use Company equipment in an efficient and effective way to maximise sales of appropriate remedial hearing solutions to customers.
- Provide flexibility with regard to working hours (including evenings and Saturdays), as required to meet client service demands or marketing/sales initiatives.
- Participate in cross functional training as required from time to time.
- Carry out other instructions as requested/directed by the Regional Manager or other Officer as appointed by the Sales Director.
Individual Key Competencies Required to Meet the Objectives and Targets (KPIs) for the
- Operating Procedures
- Attention to detail
- Legislation/Codes of Practice
- Customer Service
- Commitment to excellence
- Knowledge of Customer
- Relationship-building with customers/partners
- Technical Knowledge
- Report writing
- Business Awareness
- Understanding of customer Planning and Organisation needs
- People Awareness
- Cultural Awareness
- Analytical Skills
- Team working
- Process Improvement/Problem Negotiation
- Solving Capabilities