My client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. They are committed to delivering high quality services to all customers, including generators, suppliers and consumers, across the high voltage electricity system and via the efficient operation of the wholesale power market. It puts in place the grid infrastructure needed to support competition in energy, to promote economic growth, to facilitate more renewable energy, and to provide essential services.
The customer relations team are responsible for proactively understanding and responding to the needs of the company's customer base. The role of the team is to effectively and efficiently manage the organisation’s relationships with its customers, promote high-quality customer service, provide support to the customer base in relation to all technical and commercial aspects of the industry and facilitate the organisation in delivering for the customer. The customers are the users of the transmission system and broadly comprise large industrial users, large conventional and renewable generators, interconnectors, and demand side units. The Customer Relations team also helps to manage requests for new connections to the transmission system.
Reporting to the Manager, Customers and Stakeholders.
- Provision of professional support for key customers, prospective customers and the general public, managing queries relating to a wide spectrum of electricity industry issues.
- Responsible for the account management of a number of key customer accounts ensuring that the customer is fully supported in relation to both the technical and commercial aspects of the electricity industry.
- Build and maintain consistent and strategic relationships with the customer’s key people, obtaining expert knowledge and expertise of the specifics of each customer account specifically, electricity usage, load requirements, site operations, future expansion plans and commercial implications for customers of the organisation's roles and processes.
- Coordinate/host meetings between the customer and the Transmission System Operator and track commitments to ensure delivery of agreed action items.
- Responsible for contributing to the development and operation of appropriate systems and procedures to enable the management of customer information flows both internally and externally ensuring that a uniform, comprehensive and high-quality approach is being adopted.
- Communicate and build internal relationships to draw upon the collective knowledge of the organisation to address customer queries effectively.
- Be proactive in identifying trending issues for the customer base.
- Manage customer requests and expectations in order to ensure a coordinated resolution to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Work with different parts of the organisation to ensure all customer requests are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide support to the organisation in relation to communications and coordination with customers, and provide advice and support on customer engagement and events such as industry forum and workshops.
- Work as part of the Customer Relations Team to progress the customer-focused initiatives as agreed with the Customer Relations Manager
- Be the lead within the team on specific technical topics and aspects of the customer relationship.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Third level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline – Engineering/Technical or business with a minimum of 4-5 years relevant work experience.
- Previous Account Management/Relationship Management experience with electricity industry customers
- The ability to proactively handle customer accounts with regards to technical and contractual issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills gained in a commercial/technical environment with the ability to interpret technical data quickly and communicate at all levels.
- The ability to manage and prioritise a wide range of demands and activities whilst maintaining a positive and consistent customer focus.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to evaluate how decisions impact internally and externally.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- A working knowledge of the electricity industry, data centres and an understanding of the role.
- Exposure to various phases of large scale capital investment projects