Business Development Manager – IT Sales Specialist
Tactical Talent have a very exciting opportunity to join one of Ireland’s leading IT services businesses. An award-winning company that is rapidly growing, they are leaders in their field and offer world class customer service.
This role is for a dynamic and enthusiastic Senior Sales Executive to join the ever-expanding IT services sales team. We are seeking someone with a strong entrepreneurial flair. The role will suit an individual who has the drive to carve out their own niche, whilst having the support of a successful sales and marketing team behind them.
You will be an excellent communicator who knows how to deliver sales excellence. You will have a track record of selling business-lead solutions and IT managed services into private sector customers - primarily in financial services and commercial and utilities. You'll naturally be a self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative with minimum direction.
Ideally, you'll be based in the Dublin or the surrounding area, but we'll consider individuals living elsewhere who are happy to travel regularly.
Primary responsibility will be to drive new business sales through:
- Identifying and prospecting a set of agreed target accounts.
- Identifying and targeting areas for growth
- Account Management and development of some existing customers.
- Working with our Lead Generation team to undertake targeted marketing campaigns, events and direct calling initiatives.
- Working with partners, technology and specialists, for the benefit of the customer, the company and the partner.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations and solution proposals and the active management of the full sales cycle.
- Contract negotiation covering consulting services, fixed price applications development and managed services contracts.
• Significant experience working in Sales/Account Management/Business Development in the IT industry with significant exposure to managed services and/or consulting services – Ideally you should have progressed from working in a technical role for up to 5 years followed by 5-10 years of senior IT sales experience
• Experience of successfully selling solutions (rather than products) at a senior level.
• Knowledge of the Financial/Commercial & Utilities Sectors - compliance requirements, issues driving industry changes
• A clear and demonstrable understanding of the software development life cycle from envisioning to solution implementation to managed services.
• A clear and demonstrable track record of sales, having achieved at least 3 out of the last 4 years on/exceeding target.
• Customer focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication with an agreeable phone manner.
• Ambitious, confident, enthusiastic individual with a “can-do” attitude
Up to 80k Basic Salary plus benefits with realistic commission in multiples of that figure