National Sales Manager:
The role of the National Sales Manager is to drive sustainable sales growth & marketing strategies across all of Ireland, in the all sectors in which we operate, as well as to develop new sales opportunities. The successful candidate will be based in our head office in CGI Foodpark, Midleton Co Cork and be the prime commercial contact for all of our key customers. This is a challenging & exciting role with a very well established company, which requires a highly motivated individual to be a part of the senior management team. This individual must have a track record of exceeding targets, who has a broad knowledge of the food industry, and who has the ability to drive sales while motivating a dedicated sales team in multiple locations.
- Drive sales strategy & sales growth, nationwide. The key aspect of the role will be to oversee and participate in the growth of Derrynaflan, the key areas of focus including Foodservice B2B, HORECA, QSR, Retail & supply into Food Manufacturers.
- Overall responsibility for sales & account management across Foodservice & Retail & the whole Derrynaflan Foods Ltd customer base across Ireland and B2B customers in the UK.
- Operate & communicate at Retail Head Office & Category Manager levels within key accounts such as Dunnes, Musgraves, Aldi, BWG, SSP, to advance and develop foodservice & retail business with them.
- Effective management & motivation of Area Sales Managers, Area Sales Supervisors, Sales representatives, Telesales team, Multi-drop Customer Service representatives & Van Sales representatives.
- Responsibility for planning, presenting & implementing strategic sales & marketing plans for both new & existing customers, sectors & products, which fully exploit all opportunities within all sales channels & segments that Derrynaflan Foods Ltd operates in, along with potential new sales channels & segments.
- Full responsibility for sales pricing & margins to ensure profitable growth is delivered, quarterly, half yearly & annually.
- Develop & maintain healthy & mutually beneficial customer relationships & represent Derrynaflan Foods Ltd in a professional manner at all time.
- Using our BI software to analyse sales & commercial performance across all categories, identifying trends & planning
- Continuously driving improvements in sales processes/data and systems, to improve customer experience and increase revenue.
- Travelling to international food exhibitions to source and develop new and innovative products for the Irish market.
- Drive the R&D process, identifying market trends, competitive position & key category developments for growth.
- In conjunction with the CFO, prepare and deliver on sales, revenue and gross margin targets on a quarterly basis.
- Actively contributing to the cross-functional Senior Management Team, to drive and support all aspects of the business from Operations, Purchasing, Finance and IT.
- Manage staffing and recruitment of key sales personnel.
- To implement and support the strategic plans for the company as outlined by the directors.
The Person Required
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a similar environment with a proven track record of growing sales all sectors.
- You will need to dynamic sales person, with natural communication skills, negotiation, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the Irish food market from a foodservice, retail and manufacturing perspective, along with HORECA, QSR & B2B
- Strong people management skills with a strong ability to motivate and lead a sales team in multiple locations nationwide.
- You must be Microsoft proficient (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and be able to work with ERP/ BI systems.
- You must be able to analyse sales data from our business intelligence (BI) system, in order to target areas for sales development.
- Have the ability to influence, make decisions and take responsibility for own actions.
- Your management style will be characterized by your ability to lead from the front in a fast moving and continually developing environment.
- You will be an excellent negotiator & decision maker, highly analytical, well organised, a good communicator & listener and a strong & effective manager.
- Professional qualifications in a Commercial area could be advantageous
- Full, clean, in date driver’s license (category B)