Position: Communications and Training Officer
The Hen Harrier Programme Ltd. is responsible for the rollout of the new Agri-Environment Co-operation scheme in three areas in Ireland ACRES Breifne, ACRES Leinster and ACRES Munster South Connacht. The company has offices in Oranmore, Co. Galway, Manorhamilton Co. Leitrim, Tralee Co. Kerry and Blessington Co. Wicklow.
We need to engage with an estimated 8,000 participants across the country, working with them to develop bottom-up approaches to addressing local challenges and achieve locally relevant objectives. Effective communications with these farmers and with local communities in the areas we serve is essential.
We aim to deliver high quality services to the farmers involved in the ACRES Co-operation scheme, by using innovative and cutting-edge technology and techniques.
The Communications and Training Officer s responsibilities include.
• Advise the Management Team on all aspects of corporate communications.
• Manage the Company s website and social media presence.
• Deliver PR and advertising campaigns.
• Assist with the development and delivery of the company s communications plan.
• Engagement with participating farmers, farm advisors, Govt Departments and the general public.
• Co-ordinate the delivery of training to participating farmers, farm advisors, specialist contractors and the delivery of Continuous Professional Development for company staff.
• Manage the roll out of the company s social outreach programme.
• Assist local management with the operation of the company s micro grant scheme. Supporting local initiatives by farmers, community groups, schools, and sports clubs in conservation initiatives.
• Engage with Printers, Graphic Designers, and others in the publication of communications materials.
• Support the production of video and other audio-visual materials by engaging with company staff and external producers.
• Liaise with Dept. of Agriculture, Food, and the Marine Communications staff on the promotion of the ACRES Scheme and Co-operation Project events.
• Engage with journalists from radio, television, the farming press and others on the promotion of co-operation project events and initiatives.
Required Job Qualifications
• A degree level qualification (or equivalent Level 6 qualification) in any subject and a specific qualification in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or Media Studies and a minimum of 3 years' experience gained in a similar role.
• A degree level qualification in any subject and 5 years experience in a similar role.
Education and Experience
• Experience in the agricultural or environmental sectors would be an advantage.
• Experience in the co-ordination and promotion of public events or in the broadcast or printed media sectors would be an advantage.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• The position can be based in any of the company s office.
• Annual Leave is 22 days per year.
• This is a full-time fixed term position; the awarded contract is until December 31st 2027, with the possibility of further extensions depending on funding arrangements.
• You can apply for this position through this website by completing the form and uploading a copy of your CV.
• This competition is open until June 16th ,2023.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ROLE AND TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS PLEASE CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON
Email me jobs like this