This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a candidate looking to use their skills and competencies in an environment where you can and will be expected to make a difference. Based in Northwest Cork and reporting to the CEO the Sales Director primary responsibilities include overseeing the commercial strategy, sales, and business development within the food industry. A very successful and growing Bakery Ingredients supplier, the company has an ambitious 5 year growth plan and this role will be at the heart of achieving these goals. Their culture is centered around being hard working, persistent, having integrity in their business dealings and having a bit of humility. That doesn’t mean they don’t have a bit of fun while they are at it!
- Salary DOE
- Location Munster
- Overall and direct supervision of the development and implementation of a sales and client strategy across key market segments to identify a clear path to steady growth delivering a financial result to support a significant investment in plant and equipment.
- Management of a team made up of both Sales and Technical staff.
- Training, learning and development of the team where required.
- Co-ordinate the in-house R & D Team with the Sales team on current, evolving, and new projects.
- Facilitate communication between team members to ensure efforts are aligned.
- Key Account Management to include retailer/ foodservice head office, industrial customers,
- Drive customer engagement, share gains and increase trade investment productivity.
- Delivering the annual budget at or above the targeted Gross Margin is a prerequisite.
- Leverage the experience of the CEO with maximum efficiency to drive sales when attending key meetings and relationship building.
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent knowledge and experience of the Food industry and sector is essential.
- Previous experience of managing key accounts to include retailer/ foodservice head office, industrial customers, required – with demonstrable accomplishments in the past.
- Proven track record of strong leadership skills with the ability to manage a team made up of both Sales and Technical people in a collaborative fashion.
- Exhibit a strategic outlook and mindset with the ability to develop and successfully execute strategy
- Drive and energy to perform and deliver in a fast-paced environment, is a self-starter who needs little direction and has a proven track record of success.
- Proficient computer skills
- ‘’black book ‘’ of contacts that will open the door to new business/contacts/sectors.
For a confidential conversation please contact Aine Wallace on +353 41 986 5058 or email your CV directly to email@example.com.