Job title: Laboratory & Healthcare Sales Executive
Location: Nationwide Field Sales role
To promote and sell Veolia Water Technologies products and services in the Laboratory and Healthcare Industry. To improve the company’s profitability and actively research and develop potential markets and opportunities.
The Laboratory and Healthcare Sales Executive reports to the Head of Internal Service (or appointed delegate).
Key Responsibilities & Tasks of the Jobholder:
A. Sales Achievement & Growth Targets
1. Achieve your quarterly and annual order intake targets for each Business Area.
2. Assist management in achieving growth targets for the business.
3. Seek out new profitable opportunities to expand the core business.
4. Acquire a good knowledge of competitors’ offerings and their sales strategies.
5. Improve the profit margin on all sales with a minimum requirement of maintaining the initial sales margin.
B. Area Management
1. Obtain an understanding and an evaluation of customer requirements.
2. Maintain customer contact and, wherever possible, expand the business through the existing or new customer base.
3. Carry-out regular customer liaison meetings and actively manage key accounts.
4. Inform customers of the costs of keeping old equipment and the benefit of upgrading to newer and more economical systems.
5. Produce an Action Plan for the area and build a customer database.
6. Maintain accurate customer product files and up-to-date details.
7. Produce quantitative business results.
8. Work to maintain the Company’s leadership position within the marketplace.
9. Maintain top level contacts with key customers and play a high profile part within the industry.
10. Pro-actively schedule appointments and manage your Call Plan and time effectively.
11. Manage and maintain your own calendar weekly, having a minimum of 4 weeks planned in advance
1. Update ACT Database on a weekly basis.
2. Daily update of our Skywater system
3. Maintain accurate and up-to-date files.
4. Submit completed and accurate Expense Reports for all reasonable and genuine expenses incurred.
1. Very strong communication skills both written and verbal
2. Receive and handle queries from customers and evaluate their requirements and
follow-through on the work to be carried out.
3. Interact with the Internal Service operations team and the Service Engineers to maximise opportunities while maximising our internal knowledge
4. Demonstrate strong interpersonal and team skills and the ability to work on one’s own initiative and as part of a team.
5. Demonstrate a sense of urgency and responsibility and adopt a “follow-through” and “close-out” approach.
6. Maintain regular telephone contact with the office and other members of the Sales Team.
7. Show a genuine interest in the business and suggest ways of improving the business to the Service Business Manager
8. Report back to the Management Team on market conditions and market trends.
E. Features of the Job that Require Emphasising
1. Candidate must have relevant 3rd level qualification in Science, Engineering or Technology.
2. A working knowledge of the Laboratory and Healthcare Industry is beneficial
3. Sufficient documentary records are collated to confirm that procedures have been satisfied and to ensure that the Company’s position is protected should a dispute
4. Improve the profit margin on all sales with a minimum requirement of maintaining the initial sales margin.
5. This is a field based position which will require the person to work from home or from the office and be prepared to travel within Ireland.
6. Flexibility is important in this role and the need to work outside normal working hours, staying away from home overnight on occasions.
7. Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures.
8. Adopt a flexible approach to working hours to cope with urgent situations or unexpected workload as may arise from time to time as well as a willingness to
undertake any other ad hoc duties as requested.