Our client is a premiere retail and ecommerce logistics provider, with a core industry competence that is both wide and deep. They have extensive knowledge across all channels and geographies, as well as a commitment to the development of their clients' end-to-end Global retail supply chains. Our client has continued to build a solid reputation around the world as an innovative and flexible provider of first-class logistics – delivering complete supply chain solutions, which specialise in transportation, logistics, forwarding and warehousing. They offer Global implementation experience and expertise across all industry sectors, coupled with vital in-country knowledge and service at local level.
In line with their current strategic development plan, they are looking to recruit a Senior Sales/Business Development Manager for Ireland.
ROLE PROFILE Sales Manager – Ireland
Reporting to: Managing Director – Ireland / Operations Manager Ireland
Direct Reports: Inside Sales / Sales Executives/BDM’s
Purpose: Responsible for sales and commercial activities within the island of Ireland, including winning new business, increasing wallet share of existing business (with focus on non-CSG clients) and responsibility to meet/ exceed agreed budgets.
Relationship building and networking.
Managing sales process from initial contact through to closing and then on-boarding.
Presentation via multiple formats – ppt, word, demonstrations, etc.
Financial reporting includes P&L, margin management, forecasting and operational EBITDA modelling for new opportunities.
Building bespoke solution to new/ existing.
Minimum of 3 years for a multi-national 3PL logistics provider within a successful Sales/ Account Management program.
Extensive experience particularly with multi-modal freight (air/sea/courier) business development, with some 3PL warehousing and/or e-commerce development an advantage.
Proven track record of sales within a multi-service logistics provider.
Proven ability to manage and develop a sales team.
Strong relationship skills with focus on key decision makers.
Good knowledge of tech solutions - PO management systems, WMS’s & TMS’s.
- Develops and expand customer base across all services. Work within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue/ GP generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
- Present our clients solutions across all key services – Value Added Freight, Omni-Channel fulfilment/ cross border delivery and project lead solutions/ white glove.
- Account sponsorship and P&L responsibility for non-CSG Key Accounts (Top 10) accounts.
- To support all key commercial decisions within IRE, review/ agree team training and development as well as communication to team on company, branch, country, and team objectives/ achievements.
Role & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas listed above that allows the Sales Director to give effective presentations in person or virtually.
- Meets or exceeds agreed upon sales targets for revenue/ GP.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale to increase wallet share through selling all company services.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Develops a personal network of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, and networking.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects’ business problems, the effects of the problems and creating solutions to their problems.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities in Salesforce including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of all Microsoft Office products to conduct professional business information.
- Management of Dublin IS (Inside Sales) team to support winning and onboarding new business.
- Shared commercial responsibility with the Operations Director to review revenue, GP and EBITDA vs budget and identify opportunities to improve where possible.
- Support managing the Dublin team with training and development, effective communication with a focus on commercial objectives within the branch
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented.
- Internal / External Cooperation
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.