*We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet*
*Who we are*
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
*The Role *
We are recruiting a Development Specialist within our Institutional Partnerships team to report into the Institutional Partnerships Development Manager. You will play a crucial role in expanding Frontiers' Institutional Partnerships Program by leading and supporting projects to gather and synthesize market insights, gather feedback from and pinpoint needs of existing and prospective institutional partners, develop and increase impact of institutional partnerships, to develop reports, and to contribute to sales processes, discussions, and proposals.
*Key Responsibilities: *
* Conduct and support agreed analyses including a survey related to agreements between research libraries/consortia and scholarly publishers, and deliver result summaries and reports
* Conduct and support assessment and creation of guidelines for use of existing resources such as OpenAPC and ESAC Registry
* Contribute to select sales processes and proposals by providing market insights, data, and advice on the viability, pricing, and partnership type/model, as required
* Conduct exploratory and market-research-oriented outreach, and develop relationships with key research librarians, consortia, and funders for purposes such as forming of an advisory group and interviews
* Supporting the tracking of relevant conferences and associated opportunities, and the setting up of events such as focus groups and presentations
* Collaborate with other departments to develop and increase the impact of Frontiers' institutional partnerships, and contribute to development of mechanisms to report on such impact
* Support the Institutional Partnerships Development Manager in strategic market research and competitor and competitor model analysis
* Experience in market or competitive intelligence, and developing, managing, and running projects and analyses
* (Min.) Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required
* Experience in working in scholarly publishing or Open Access and/or in a university library, scholarly communications office, research funder, or research support role
* Experience in a business development, sales, or account management role within the academic, library, non-profit or government market is a plus
* Understanding of the scholarly publishing industry and market trends, Open Access, and research institutions' and funders' needs in terms of publishing research results
* Understanding of scholarly publishing business and (institutional/consortium) partnership models is a plus
* Ability to take ownership of an issue or project, work with minimal supervision, and take initiative to establish this new role within Frontiers' Institutional Partnerships Team's Development unit
* Very good communication and relationship-building skills, with ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely
* Very good organisational and time-management skills
* Expert user of Excel
* Experience with other tools to retrieve, manipulate, visualize, and analyse data, and/or resources such as Dimensions, Clarivate InCites, ESAC Registry, and OpenAPC is a plus
* Experience of successfully delivering projects to deadlines
* Able to work successfully as part of a team, and providing feedback and quality assurance as needed
* Business (case) development experience is a plus
* Great attention to detail, and curiosity and a willingness to learn
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
*100% remote working*
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Business Support jobs due to nature of role).
*Learning and development*
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
_Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination - including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives._
Job Type: Full-time
* Monday to Friday
Email me jobs like this