FRS Recruitment is now inviting applications for the role of ‘Business Manager – Dairy’ on behalf of a leading Agribusiness and based in the Munster region. This is a full time perm position.
For this role, you will have a minimum of five years of high performance and target achievement in a structured “agri-sales” environment.
Summary of role
Reporting to the Head of Commercial for Agribusiness, The Dairy Business Manager will be part of the senior commercial team, will be responsible for an Area Sales Team in a designated area, for its commercial performance and the provision of technical support, advice to our client’s customers across their Agri divisions.
* Lead Sales team to deliver budget through analysis and interpretation of weekly accounts and support the team ‘s performance taking appropriate steps to correct below budget performance for your team where necessary
* Using an effective territory plan, use all opportunities to sell by ensuring that all existing and potential customers are proactively contacted in a timely and efficient manner through the CRM system include detail on potential new business and plans on regaining lost business.
* Participate in the development of strategy with the Sales Management Team for the further expansion of sales of the widest possible range of products to all existing and potential customers with appropriate reporting to senior mgt to provide decision insights to commercial advantage
* Contribute to development and delivery of annual budget, strategies, sales campaigns, and initiatives to deliver improved commercial performance.
* Maintain and continuously improve your team’s reputation for being customer focused across a broad range of aspects of farming areas (animal nutrition and grassland management).
* Lead the team to motivate farmers to adopt target driven, commercially sound strategies and annual goals and to implement farming practices based on best available National and International insights aligned to sales targets.
* Lead the use of CRM systems to manage campaigns, improve farmer customer service and deliver measurable sustainability metrics on farm and report on outcomes to the Head of Commercial on a regular basis.
* Use and develop business reports to follow up individual and team conversations to drive business performance.
* Mentor team members on personal development plans. Monthly 1 to 1 meetings and coaching, feedback to improve outcomes.
* Manage all own and team performance and role related projects on time and within budget.
* Inform yourself on developments relating to issues on milk supply, grain, new regulations, rules and procedures which will impact relations between milk suppliers, grain suppliers, shareholders and the business.
* Effective Communications across teams, 1 to Many i.e. Events, Media and/or Discussions Groups, To Senior management, To Customers.
* Manage your team to ensure customer accounts are kept up to date in accordance with credit policy and utilise the most efficient system of accounts payment within your areas.
* Team Recruitment and Development – support recruitment, induction and Learning and Development of future Area Sales Managers in conjunction with HR and Head of Commercial.
* A relevant Agri qualification (or similar).
* 5+ years’ experience in a Sales Manager (leading a sales team) role within the Agri sector is essential.
* Commercially aware with strong business intellect.
* Strong Communicator with proven sales coaching and mentoring capability.
* Proven ability to drive performance through positive persuasion e.g. developing sales of new products and recruiting new customers.
* Cross functional team player with consistent positive leadership behaviours i.e. leading others to fulfil and exceed customer needs.
* Management: A self-starter who excels at planning, organising, implementing and reviewing own and other work and results.
* Flexible to pre-empt and handle demands at peak times within the agri-calendar.
* Energetic and driven to seek out and deliver improvements across all aspects of their teams contribution.
* Computer literate and willing to embrace and champion the development and roll out of new technologies.
This is a full time permanent role with a leading Agri Business, offering a lucrative basic salary, a performance related bonus, pension and more.
If you would like to make an application, please send an up to date CV through the link below to be considered.
All applications are treated in confidence
Email me jobs like this