The Advertiser Group based in Galway, Mayo and Athlone have the following vacancy for their Galway Office-
Business Development Executive for the Galway Advertiser based at the Galway Advertiser, 41-42 Eyre Square, Galway
The locally owned Advertiser Newspaper Group celebrated 50 years in business in 2020.
The Advertiser Newspaper Group includes the Galway Advertiser, Athlone Advertiser and Mayo Advertisers as well as the online site www.advertiser.ie
Featuring high quality editorial content, our first print run was 7,000. In the past 50 years, we have grown with Galway City and County and then expanded into Mayo and Westmeath, as the company progressed and developed,. Our weekly print run is now 63,000 (with over half of these delivered direct into people's homes). This makes us the ideal medium for businesses to communicate with their customers and potential customers.
Independent surveys conducted by B&A show that each of our papers have the highest readership in the areas we publish in.
Duties will include:
• Achieving set targets (revenue based)
• Sourcing and selling to new business
• Developing business relationships to increase customers spend
• Booking in advertisements for customers.
• Organising advertisement proofs and sending these to customers.
• Contacting customers for features/sections with the intention of selling them advertisements.
• Sales Experience, preferably in media sales.
• Organised and motivated.
• The ability to work under pressure.
• Must be able to work on their own initiative
• Must be very driven and focused
• Computer literate.
• Good standard of English
• Excellent customer service skills (must answer emails, follow up with quotes to customers, ensure a high level of service to customers at all times).
-9.30am – 5pm Monday – Thursday & 9.30am – 1pm Friday (from time to time they may be asked to work extra hours but this is kept to a minimum - usually just once a year for our annual sales project).
• The right candidate will be set week/monthly targets. A bonus is paid on the achievement of these targets.
• The salary consists of a basic salary, commission and bonuses.
• We would like someone to come in with the intention to earn a minimum of 50% of their basic salary again on commission.
• Candidates must have their own car (mileage expenses are paid).
€40-55K on target earnings
4 weeks holidays a year
Opportunity to grow within a growing company
A company who is committed to creating a good workplace and environment for their employees!