Why work for us?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 700 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
Summary of the Role
As a Sales Representative you will promote and sell Howdens range of products, with the objective to achieve and exceed depot targets. You will enjoy building relationships with the local trade and have extensive product knowledge and are highly determined people.
• Promote and sell the Company's range of products.
• Be a great communicator able to use your own initiative and enjoy building relations on a 1:1 basis as well as working as part of a close team.
• You will support the depot in growth and maintaining its customer base.
• A resourceful and determined approach will enable you to grow existing business, secure potential leads and create accounts for the depot, with the objective of achieving and exceeding targets.
• Have an extensive knowledge of Howdens products.
• You will have the ability to work independently and motivate yourself.
• A Company vehicle will be provided for you to carry out this role.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proven sales experience
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to achieve and exceed sales targets
• Must be able to self-motivate
• You must hold a driving licence
• Planning and organising skills
• A desire for continuous personal and professional development
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
• Competitive salary
• Monthly depot performance bonus
• Matched contribution pension scheme
• Team incentives and outings
• 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years
• Staff discount on Howdens products
• Share awards and prize draws