Account Manager - FMCG
- Belfast, Ireland
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability, and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Are you ready to help us grow our business? We are looking for an experienced Account Manager to play a pivotal role within the Irish Wholesale Channel, responsible for driving key KPI’s including net sales, gross profit, visibility and distribution within a diverse portfolio of customers. Each day you will work with market leading products across three very different and exciting categories. The success of your customer portfolio and your career is in your own hands.
What You’ll do
· Manage a portfolio of customers (50+) including Distributors, Wholesalers, Retailers and Stationers
· Deliver sustainable net sales growth through implementation of key strategic pillars: Portfolio Strategy, Product Assortment and Mix, Pricing Strategy, Promotional Effectiveness, Partnering with customers
· Work as part of team to deliver the key goals of the total market
· Identify and exploit all opportunities to deliver sustainable sales growth
· Work cross functionally to ensure maximum results are being delivered…..Customer Service, Marketing, Demand Planning, Finance
· You will have a minimum of 3 years sales experience in FMCG with a proven track record in achieving sustainable sales growth
· You have a good knowledge of the Irish Wholesale landscape and experience working with the key groups within the channel
· You would describe yourself as having strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships with a diverse base of customers to deliver company goals
· You possess strong negotiation and presentation skills
· A proficient user of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Teams
· You are analytical, accurate, and quick to interpret data (insights to actions)
· You have a strong attention to detail
· You can solve problems by working through issues, offering solutions and implementing long term plans
· You demonstrate a sense of urgency vs priorities, well structured, and organised
· You would describe yourself as a good communicator (internally and externally facing)
· You have the ability to work autonomously
· Being part of a strong team is important to you
· You are based between Dublin and Belfast
· Holding a full, clean driving licence
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.