*Job Title: Proposals Development Associate - Entry Level*
*Location:* *Ireland, Dublin *
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
* Support Business Development in the winning of new business for ICON
* Organize and prepare high quality customer-focused proposals and budgets for the conduct of clinical trials
* Recognize, exemplify, and adhere to ICON's values which centre around our commitment to People, Clients, and Performance
* Lead and prepare complex client focused proposals, budgets and client grids for new business opportunities and ensure that the all required information is provided in the final proposal within given timeframe
* Adhere to the proposal process
* Chair kick-off, budget and strategy meetings as appropriate and coordinate the participation of appropriate personnel in the proposal development process
* Liaise with the appropriate personnel including sales, proposals and operations throughout the proposal generation to ensure that the proposal and strategy meets the business needs in line with triage priority
* Prepare budgets for proposals by interacting with operational departments to coordinate budgets and assumptions
* Submit final proposal, on time, to Account Manager or designee
* Coordinate and participate in negotiations and discussions with clients as required
* Attend bid defense and other client meetings in a support role when required
* Clarify contract specifications with the Manager, Proposals; Project Manager; and/or Account Manager (where applicable)
* Solicit input and review of proposals, budgets and contracts (where applicable ) from the relevant operational departments including Manager, Proposals and Account Manager
* Train and mentor junior staff as appropriate and as designated by Manager, Proposals
* Develop and maintain filing and tracking tools in accordance with accepted practices
* Comply with ICON administrative, training and human resources policies
* Assist with continuous departmental process improvements and participate in special projects periodically assigned, in addition to day-to-day duties
* Ability and willingness to travel at least 5% of the time (international and domestic: fly and drive)
*What you will need: *
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* Prior experience successfully performing the role of a proposal developer (a minimum of 2 years' experience)
* Self-starter and able to function in a high-paced, dynamic environment
* Must be able to work independently, be highly motivated and a strong team player
* Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to evaluate RFPs and identify critical issues and questions
* Good understanding of industry cost drivers and budget algorithms
* Excellent numeracy, communication and organizational skills
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
* Fluency in English and excellent written English skills are essential
* Due to the nature of this position it may be required for the employee to travel. Therefore, dependent on the employees location, the employee may be required to possess a valid Driver's license
*Benefits of Working in ICON:*
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That's why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture -one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career -both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.