*Job Title: Investigator Payments Coordinator *
*Location:* *Ireland, Dublin *
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
*People - Leadership, Teamwork, Energising and Developing Others*
* To support the Investigator Payments team with set up and maintenance of ICON's investigators payments as appropriate.
* To support team lead and be the main point of contact for issue escalation in the absence of a more senior member of IPG team
* To positively contribute to the IP group by seeking to continuously improve their job performance and knowledge of IPG systems and processes
* To support Clinical staff in executing accurate, timely and efficient investigator payments in accordance with investigator contract
*Clients - Delivery to Customers, Building Relationships*
* Prepare communication materials/ payment data for internal/ external clients relating to investigator payments/reporting as appropriate
* To host training sessions/ meetings relating to IPG processes and procedures
* To route correspondence appropriately and ensure all queries raised have been assigned to the correct team member in a timely manner.
* To escalate payment issues/delays appropriately
* To review payments in line with site contracts and visit data to ensure sites are being paid in a timely accurate and efficient manner and escalate delays/ issues appropriately
* To prepare, host and report on Clinical/IPG study status meetings and contribute to reporting on status of studies in relation to investigator payments
* To set up, organise and maintain clinical study/ IPG and supporting documentation as appropriate.
* Conduct day to day activities in a professional, service-orientated and client orientated manner
* Maintain positive, strong working relationships with clients, vendors and staff.
* Work with team lead/supervisor as required to quality check /review work completed by internal IPG staff and other departments
* Communicate effectively with investigative site personnel and/or ICON or Sponsor
* Clinical Project Managers, regarding payment inquiries and managing their expectations accordingly.
* Liaise with all other ICON departments such as Clinical, PTS, IT, Finance, legal and contracts to ensure payment queries are speedily resolved.
* To effectively build and maintain a producItive working relationship with the Clinical teams and other ancillary department staff to effectively manage their needs and expectations in relation to payments.
*Performance - Personal Effectiveness, Commercial Awareness, Robust Thinking*
* Oversee and be accountable for the quality of the payments in the studies assigned to ensure they are conducted in an effective manner, meeting agreed timelines and expectations and in accordance with IPG KPIs, WPS and SOPs, appropriate regulations and ICON's quality standards.
* Generate and validate the export payment files from ICONomics ("upload" file) to the A/P dept for posting. After payments are complete, ensure payment details are uploaded into ICONomics.
* Perform "first level" and "second level" accuracy examination of Payment Due Forms, comparing the paper copies of the forms to the electronic "upload" file, ensuring proper coding in accordance with standard group procedures.
* Ensure each vendor has been set up in ICON financial systems and that any new information relating to existing vendors is appropriately progressed through to relevant finance staff. Ensure new financial information relating to vendors is passed to relevant department member as needed
* Be accountable for the quality of how each study assigned is set-up and maintained, ensuring payments are correct and that all work carried out is in accordance with IPG processes and procedures and is audit ready.
* Update IPG systems with any changes from site contracts for assigned studies, as applicable.
* Communicate with assigned Project Managers to establish payment timelines that will allow appropriate processing time for timely payment runs as defined by investigator contract.
* Contribute to writing/updating IPG SOP's/ WP's as requested
* Liaise with the Clinical teams to ensure that all ICONomics data/information is both current and accurate.
* Review all site contracts and accurately set up the proposed payees and budget schedule as governed by the signed Investigator contract.
* Review contracts in coordination with the other members of the set-up team to ensure that the contract specific budget schedule and terms can be facilitated via the IPG system.
* Represent the Investigator Payments Group (IPG) systems set-up meetings to ensure content of meeting is consistent with capacity and capability of IPG and in line with ICON processes and procedures
* Accurately record and update all applicable logs and maintain all IPG related files and tracking tools as requested.
* Send meeting requests, book meeting rooms / teleconference facilities for meetings as required.
* Record, prepare and distribute meeting minutes as requested
Be familiar with IPG and industry standards, appropriate regulations and relevant IPG and ICON processes and procedures
* Contribute to process improvement initiatives within IPG and the wider organisation
* Meet all IPG iLearn/training requirements appropriate to this position.
* Ensure ICON's reputation for excellence is carried through and maintained throughout all IPG administrative processes and highlight areas for improvement as needed
Special Projects/assignments as requested.
*What you will need: *
* Good interpersonal skills and relationship management are essential for dealing with people at all levels
* Strong team player with high self-motivation and positive 'can-do' attitude, who can deliver high value output independently and work with team members to ensure high quality results
* Excellent attention to detail, and a real commitment to delivering high quality outputs
* Computer-literate with experience in Oracle and Microsoft Excel
* Advanced communication and organizational and problem-solving skills
* Knowledge of clinical operations, protocols and site budgets
* A bachelor's degree preferred or + 3 years of relevant experience
*Benefits of Working in ICON:*
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That's why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture -one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career -both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.