This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Unit Manager to contribute to establishing and implementing strategic plans for the activities of Sika Ireland Limited in Target Markets Refurbishment & Building Finishing. These plans and activities will achieve the planned growth, profitability, sales budgets and profit targets as agreed in the 3-year plans and annual budgets.
The successful candidate will continue to grow sales and develop selected target markets to achieve levels of market penetration within the Irish Market. They will provide the Refurbishment & Building Finishing divisions with dynamic leadership. There is one report into this role and it forms part of a wider management team. This role reports to the General Manager.
· Responsible for driving and monitoring the operational activities to achieve the agreed turnover, profit and market share forecasts for individual products and market segments.
· Achieve pre-agreed sales targets of refurbishment & building finishing products: gain specifications with specifying organisations and owners/clients; grow the business through the building of strong relationships with specialist contractors and distributor customers.
· Maintain a high state of awareness of changes influencing the market. Ensure resources and organisational development to meet and exploit the challenges and opportunities presented by these changes.
· Identify potential new specialist contractor customers; provide necessary sales and training support to develop these into a buying customer to their full potential either directly or through specialist distributors. Maximise the potential of the existing base, both contracting and distributor.
· Maintain accurate sales records. All trackable opportunities to be recorded and status, probability and dates to be maintained in order to enable accurate forecasting and planning.
· Identify, promote, and follow-up on opportunities in collaboration with major projects and other target markets.
· Undertake a variety of activities to educate and/or promote new and existing products to target audiences e.g. product launches, CPDs for refurbishment & building finishing.
· Exploit the opportunities and developments created by corporate initiatives (new innovations and products, policies and strategies) together with Product Management and the Technical Department.
· Use and control the expense budget to maximum effect with respect to profitability and growth.
· Reduce the total working capital through the reduction of stocks and accounts receivables in co-operation with the Operations and Finance Department.
· Assist the General Manager with Annual sales budgets and three-year plans.
· 10+ years of commercial experience in either a sales or technical role.
· Direct, construction or specification sales an advantage but not essential.
· The ability to influence others and demonstrate leadership traits in a variety of circumstances and situations.
· Must demonstrate the ability to develop a strategy to plan the specification sales process while appreciating all technical and commercial angles.
· Must possess integrity, networked thinking, technical credibility and be highly motivated.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
· Excellent leadership skills through people management with the ability to motivate.
· Strong IT skills through sales and CRM tools.
· Excellent communication skills when dealing both internally and externally.
· Strong project management skills through key project management and cross-selling.
· Excellent commercial awareness through industry intelligence.
· Market knowledge, network with customers, specifiers, decision-makers, technical know-how and contractor development.
Salary: Negotiable with generous benefits package
Sika the world’s largest producer of specialist building chemicals has a very strong track record in Ireland, dating back to the 1920’s. Sika Ireland supplies a complete range of innovative products for problem-solving in all aspects of building construction and refurbishment. Our industrial division supplies a range of high-performance industrial adhesives used by the Automotive, Marine and Truck Body Building Industries. Sika, and its Irish subsidiary, are committed to achieving excellence in product quality, innovation and customer service and providing everyone involved with the training and resources required to achieve these goals. Sika is currently seeking to expand their team by hiring a Business Unit Manager with responsibility for refurbishment & building finishing.