Veterinary Sales Territory Manager:
A position has become available for a Veterinary Sales Representative, in Duggan Veterinary Supplies which will involve detailing and supporting our expanding companion animal range in the North/North West area including Northern Ireland. This role may be a fit for someone currently in a veterinary sales role looking for a new challenge or a qualified VS or RVN who may be considering moving into a commercial / sales position in an expanding, professional and progressive organisation.
Responsibility for maintaining and generating sales of defined products against specified targets on own territory and maintaining a strong company profile across the region. This role will support and further develop our expanding customer base, introduce new products to the marketplace, and deliver support activities to an expanding client base.
Key Functions & Activities:
· Develop and achieve agreed sales targets within a supportive environment
· Call on an existing client list of veterinary practices and other relevant customers at an agreed frequency throughout the year.
· Promote an existing range of veterinary medicines and instruments to all accounts
· Build annual business plan to assist in achievement of agreed targets and review and amend as necessary throughout the year
· Introduction and distribution of new products and services throughout your territory
· Explore opportunities to grow existing business
· Establish and maintain relationships with key accounts and new potential customers
· Identify and resolve client concerns, resolve queries and provide sound advice
· Develop ways of offering increased value and service to all clients to further build the company reputation and brand.
· Submit details of sales, market and competitor information, and client activity in your area on a weekly basis
· Plan and review territory activity using modern analytical techniques
· Maintain an excellent knowledge of the DVS companion animal product range
· Attend customer trade shows or other business development events as needed
· Encourage adoption and usage of customer ordering portal
· Assist in the operation of a well maintained credit control system where necessary
· Gather and share market information and intelligence to assist in development of overall company strategy and plan.
· Update company systems i.e CRM, Herbst, as required
· Work with procurement, finance, marketing and other departments as required to ensure smooth operation of all aspects of the business to help drive overall company growth and success
· Due to the changing nature of the business requirements, the role may change from time to time. Should this occur, your Supervisor will go through those changes at that time
Any other reasonable request from your manager
1. Degree in life sciences including agricultural science, veterinary science or animal science.
2. Previous experience in selling and developing business relationships in the Irish and or Northern Ireland Veterinary sector an advantage.
3. Good communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish, develop and maintain long-term customer relationships.
4. Flexible and adaptable approach to work
5. Good computing skills, including some experience of using Excel and databases
6. Good organisation skills, strong self-motivation, initiative and self-starter, with great work ethic
7. A professional appearance, providing a positive company image to the public
8. Good decision-making skills
9. Strong team player
10. Current clean drivers’ licence
Competencies Required for this Role:
The post holder will demonstrate competence in the following areas:
1. Is committed to building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
2. Understands client needs and delivers timely response to ensure their needs are met
Anticipating & Adapting to Change
1. Has a positive attitude to change and willingly identifies and embraces new plans for the business
Imagination, Innovation & Creativity
1. Embraces innovation and creativity within the Company
2. Displays fresh and forward-thinking approach
1. Demonstrates ability to communicate verbal information clearly and concisely and actively participates in relevant meetings
Learning and Development
1. Is open to giving and receiving constructive feedback from colleagues and others as appropriate
2. Demonstrates a commitment to develop oneself in line with business needs