The Business Development Executive is a newly created position. A "pro-active sales", role this will involve driving and managing sales through conference/ function/wedding/corporate events, both B2B & B2C. Field based/nationally.
* Building relationships/ Relationship management of new and existing clients for national corporate, conference, association, meetings & events business
* Perform day to day sales activity for conference & events segments including lead generation, sales calls, rate negotiation, site inspections, attendance at trade shows, client entertainment and regional sales trips
* Contact and secure event business from the local market focusing on clubs and associations to confirm gala event and meeting business to the hotel
* Negotiate rates and confirm accommodation, meeting and event business into the hotel.
* To ensure the professional execution of quotations, follow up, confirmations and cancellations
* Ensure a good understanding of budgets & targets across the core conference & event hotels within the organization
* Identify key competitors and carry out regular competitor analysis; monitoring their performance, rates and sales activity
* To be fully aware of the main market developments and other factors that would influence business or create favourable market conditions
* Present and sell available and suitable banquet / event options to the highest possible standard
* Maintain and exceed sales targets defined by the management
* Be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and achieve daily targets, whilst offering a very high level of Customer Service
* Identity and develop commercial opportunities across all areas of the conference & events business maximising all revenue channels to include room hire, menu pricing, beverage.
* Each month review the next 6 months availability to highlight high or low demand dates and undertake sales activity to secure new business for these periods
* Attend trade and travel shows of various market area for promoting hotel conference event business
* Encouraging repeat business through excellent customer service and enquiry handling.
* Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs
* Ensure online meeting partner websites are regularly updated and managed including photos, descriptions and promotions
* Ensure all enquiries are recorded accurately within the Sales Department
* Assist the hotel to identify new avenues of business and confirm conference and event business to the hotel
* Other duties and tasks assigned by the management within the job scope
* Report weekly & monthly on account/client performance and general activity to Director of Sales and General Manager
* Executive quarterly activity plans to create focus and adapt activity to support business needs
The ideal candidate will have a successful sales & business development background within a Hotel, Meetings or Events sector
The ideal candidate will have a successful sales & business development background within the Hospitality/ Events sector
2 / 3 years experience in hotel sales or event sales with proven track record.
Strong communication & administration skills
Excellent knowledge of the Irish hotel sector and its competitors
Comfortable working independently but also with colleagues in Events and Sales
Strong track record of successfully growing revenues from existing clients and identifying and delivering opportunities from new prospective customers
Ability to travel would be necessary
Must have own transport and driving licence
Competitive salary on offer for successful candidate