* Senior Commercial Manager
* Global market leader in the construction industry
* Hugh career progression
THE COMPANY: Established since the 1930’s and being near the top of this competitive marketplace, our client is a hugely successful organisation with three separate divisions. They invest heavily in R&D and continually produce new and innovative products to ensure their success. They operate on a global scale, with a multi-million turnover and an outstanding reputation in the construction industry. They are currently seeking a new Commercial Manager to operate out of their Cork office.
THE ROLE: As the successful Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for running their Republic of Ireland operation. You will manage of a team of 11 people, including sales, drivers, internal office staff and yard workers. They sell a wide range of specialist construction products into the main and sub-contractors and architects, with their products then being back sold via builders’ merchants.
You will have full responsibility for setting targets/KPIs, along with budgets and P+L. This position has both strategic and operational aspects – developing sales plans and executing them through effective leadership, recruitment, coaching and mentoring. You will also be responsible for the day to day running of the operation. The team is made up of a variety of personalities and experience, and an appropriate approach will need to be adapted. As this is a senior management position, you will be primarily office based, with their office located in Co. Cork
* Strong Management experience is essential
* Experience leading an external B2B sales team is a must-have
* Ideally, you will come from a construction/engineering sales background
* If you do not come from a construction background but have 10+ years in a commercial manager role you may also be considered.
* Strong commercial acumen
* Excellent communication and organisational skills
* You must be driven, energetic, ambitious and self-motivated
* Basic salary: €70,000 - €90,000 DOE
* Fully expensed company car
* Mobile phone, Laptop,
* Full training provided
BMS Performance specialises in recruiting sales professionals, nationally. We recruit within the Industrial, Construction, IT, Engineering, Corporate and FMCG markets.
Our roles include Merchandisers, Account Managers, Business Development Managers, National Account Managers, Development Managers, National Account Managers through to Directors and Senior Management.
We have many other roles available so feel free to contact us to discuss how we can help you!