A new exciting opportunity has arisen as a Technical Sales Specialist covering Ireland. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to move into a sales role which offers great career progression, with the opportunity to manage your own team in the future.This role is ideal for someone looking to enter scientific sales, or an individual who has had some years of experience within sales.
CUSTOMERS: Food and Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Oil and Gas Laboratories
PRODUCTS: Refractometers and Polarimeters, Biochemistry Analysers, Titrators, Spectrophotometers, pH Meters, TOC Analysis.
The role is to sell instrumentation directly to end users but also to support our distribution partners within the area by completing technical support, demonstrations, installations and training.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background in science, with a relevant education / degree, and proven sales experience selling into the target markets. Plus bring with them knowledge of the market and be comfortable to prospect outside of current customer databases.
It is a great opportunity to for someone who wants to work for a specialist manufacturer. The company is growing year on year and there are development opportunities for the sales team.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Pursue sales leads; visit existing and new customers; assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services; respond to customer enquiries; negotiate prices and delivery times within limits of authority; and conclude sales orders to meet revenue targets.
- Identify, research, and contact prospective customers and build positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Refer sales leads, customer feedback, and information on competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organization so that they can respond to changing market conditions and customer demands.
- Establish annual, quarterly, monthly, or weekly sales plans and prioritize and schedule own activities so these targets are met.
- Support distribution partners with technical info, demonstrations and installations
- Attend exhibitions and conferences to represent Xylem Analytics
- Aid Sales Manager in sales strategies, goals and implementation
- Maintain accurate expense reports
- Experience in scientific field sales is preferred, minimum of 1-2 years.
- Technical background within a scientific field.
- Scientific background in Biotechnology or Chemistry-based area.
- Proactive approach to identify new opportunities.
- Good team player.
- Customer Focused.
- Full UK driver's license.
2 stage process (TBC)