Tactical Talent Recruitment is delighted to be partnering with one of the world’s most dynamic and fastest growing businesses in the gifting category. Their core business is generated mostly through online channels in multiple countries and they are now seeking an experienced sales director with a retail or FMCG background to develop the retail side of their business in Ireland, where a huge opportunity for growth exists.
You’ll report directly into the C Suite and should have a strong sales and account management history of managing retail partnerships with retail group Multiples, Symbol Groups, Independents and Wholesalers.
This is a completely new role with responsibility for a new department of 16 that you will be able to make your own. You’ll have outstanding support and resources at your disposal to make an immediate impact.
· Circa €100k base
· Performance related bonus – 20%
· Company car or car allowance
· Great benefits package including healthcare, pension
Based in Dublin, the successful candidate needs to have a proven track record in developing new and existing senior level retail relationships. A background in Irish retail sales at Director Level is essential as is the ability to demonstrate a track record in managing a successful team and delivering key projects.
· Manage the promotional calendar and sell-in plans of same for key accounts
· Drawing up and managing annual budgets for your department
· Create the go to market proposition and plan across all retail groups
· Reporting and data analytics to drive strategy
· Manage distribution and best in class merchandising
· Full responsibility for Sales forecasts, delivery of same and P&L
The Ideal Profile
· 10 years plus of driving retail sales strategy at Sales Director/Country Manager level in the FMCG Sector, either agency side or direct
· Senior level negotiating experience with retail leaders in the Irish market
· Comfortable producing and delivering insightful data led reporting
· Proven delivery of sales targets and an understanding of P&L management
· Project management experience
· Senior management, team leadership skills and recruitment experience
· Experience of managing stock in and out of retailers and managing in house and outsourced merchandising teams
Tactical Talent Recruitment is one of Ireland’s leading sales recruiters. We specialise in both inside sales and field sales roles for sectors including FMCG, Construction (Bathroom/Kitchen/Interior Design), Utilities, Technology and Financial Services.
Due to the high volume of applications we can only respond to suitably qualified applicants. If you wish to find out who the hiring company are, please send an application and we will call you for a completely confidential initial discussion. We only submit your details to our clients with prior permission from each candidate after your suitability for a role has been discussed.
Important Notice – By making an application for this role with Tactical Talent Recruitment, the company may store your personal details on our company database. We will only use your information for job seeking services and will never share it with a third party.